Sound and video broken in Pano2Vr5Pro

Q&A about the latest versions
RLemen

Hello, I opened my tour, the one I have been working on for several months now, and none of the video or audio is working in the entire tour. Did something recently break? Is there something I might have done to trigger all of the sound and animation nodes to stop working? I have6 tour nodes, each with ambient audio, there are 4 nodes with animations, and nothing is working when I do a preview in HTML5. Everything was working fine yesterday afternoon, the last time I opened the file.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
RLemen

Intro Video does not play, sound nodes do not give off audio, and animation patches are stuck on frame 1 and do not animate. I also reinstalled the videos and sound nodes. Nothing changed.
RLemen

I noticed that when I render the HTML file out, Nodes runs its progress bar but Images doesn't run or is very short when usually it takes the longest to render between the two. I don't know what that means, but usually if there is an issue that window would show all the errors but in this case it doesn't seem to run or is extremely brief.

So, I also tried to rerender as a new output folder and images did a remapping render and took time, finished with no errors, and still no audio and or animations or the intro video played. So what I thought might have been something wrong with the render was not the case, and I have no solutions on how to fix this.

And I tried to render out two other experimental projects I have built, all ended with the same failed audio and animation patch problem.

Thank you
Hopki
Gnome

Which browser are you using?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RLemen

I have been using Chrome since I first started using the software several months ago.
3DV

Could have something to do with this?
https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/3/17251 ... ideos-mute

You could try another browser to see if the problem exists there as well.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
Hopki
Gnome

Yeah this is what I was thinking, Chrome has stopped auto play of media.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
360Texas

Hmm theVerge article reports that Chrome is LEARNing when to play automatically.. but Chrome autoplay feature is turned off to start and then learns when to turning it ON based on the specific sites and users behavior.

Example...

when entering our Facebook page our Theta V images are already auto rotating.
standard .mp4's already are rolling (with audio too)
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
RLemen

How do I preview my tour if I can't view any of the working components in Chrome? It doesn't want to launch a localhost link on Firefox and I really know nothing about this new windows explorer upgrade my computer keeps wanting me to convert over to. How are all of you viewing your tours? Are any of you having difficulties viewing video or audio in Chrome?

Is there a solution? It seems like the closer I get to making an awesome tour the harder it is to find support for it. Ugh.

Thank you everyone for the assist.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If its for a desktop use our desktop package viewer.
Open up the app and drag in your output folder. Or turn your project into a package then if you customer has the package viewer installed then they only need to double click the package to open it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
RLemen

Hopki, when I make a package the intro video and the opening audio does not work at all, or is not included. There is dead air and a screen lock like the video is playing, and after 11 seconds it releases the node as implemented with the Video opener. Is there something I am doing wrong when I build the package? How do I include everything as the video tutorial suggests?

Thank you for the assistance.
RLemen

I tried to build a package again today and I still have the same problem with the video intro and then audio node playing not implemented into the tour. I tried something that I thought would work but it did not, and I am once again scratching my head as to why they were not included. Argh, if I could only code...
Hopki
Gnome

Can you send your p2vr file and ggsk skin file?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
RLemen

I sent you the files through PM. Do you also need the Output folder for all the videos etc?

Also, redundant to the PM, but in the GGPKG viewer none of the node click videos play. The audio works but the video does not. This is a big part of my tour as I am making all the items in the rooms something that can be clicked on for more information via videos. Currently they are all MP4 but so are the patches in the nodes and they play just fine.

Thank you for the look over and thank you again for all the help.
RLemen

Hello Hopki, any chance to get a glance at the ggpkg for errors with the intro video and audio, videos from the output folder? I know you are slammed so when you get a chance. I would like to post that tour soon for people to interact with for feedback, but of course, I do not want to put it up until I have it fully functional. Thank you again and have a fantastic weekend.