Pano2vrGyro

Q&A about the latest versions
paulk

Hello all
The gyro has a functionality that orientates the pano to match the tilt of the phone/tablet when a user has stopppd swiping or is not touching the screen.
With an effect that if the phone/tablet is pointing towards the floor and the user stops touching the screen the pano will 'snap' to look straight down.
Is there any way to disable this functionality. I have tried to read the code in the gyro script file but its not clear how to do this.
I of course don't want to simply disable the gyro completely!

Would be interested to hear your views or how to acheive this!

Many thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

What about using viewing limits, do you need to see all the way down?
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
paulk

Hi Hopki
Thank you for the reply. No I'd want the whole of the pano availible to view. I seem to recall that this wasn't always the default. Was this not introduced back in 2012ish?. Looking at the javascript I can't see an obvious way to shut off this align to device orientation.
paulk

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
SO when you lay the device down its not using the gyro bit does when you pick it up!
I cant see how you would trigger this.
If you using the gyro to navigate, then stop there is no interaction with it, so no triggers.
The settings I think you are referring to is True North but this would not do as you require.
I cant think of anything.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
paulk

Hi Hopki thank you for your reply.
Here’s what’s happening:
1. You have your phone pointing down towards the floor (like most people when they’re Browsing) when you open the pano.
2. You naturally move the pano (not the phone) with your finger on the screen to view it so it appears level
3. You stop moving the pano with your finger (your phone is still pointing towards the floor).
4. After about 1-2secs the pano automatically Points to the floor (matching the phones actual physical orientation).

What seems to be happening is the gyro detects the degrees the phone is actually oriented at - in the case illustrated above it’s -90° and regardless of where the user has positioned the pano it’s returns, after a short period, the pano to this orientation.
This wasn’t always the case.
The gyro should detect the phones movement and move the pano accordingly, thus allowing the user to move the pano by physically moving the phone.
What’s happening now is some sort of ‘auto levelling’ feature.
I’ve had quite a few people say that this is annoying, especially as most people browse with their mobile device / tablet often at -45 to -90°But rarely at 90°bolt upright.
What I’m asking is there a way to disable the auto levelling not the gyro itself.
I hope this makes sense! - it’s quite clear to see if you open up a pano with the gyro included you’ll quickly get frustrated if you constantly have to reorient the pano with your finger after a few seconds of not touching the screen.
Let me know your thoughts on this.
Many thanks.
paulk

Hello all

As I thought - the 'Auto level' feature has been added.

It wasn't present in the Gyro Javascript file back in 2012.

Anybody care to take a look at the code in current Gyro Javascript file to see where this behaviour can be switched off?
My Javascript editing skills aren't up to it!

I've attached the old Javascipt file for reference.
Many thanks...
Attachments
pano2vrgyro_NO_AUTO LEVEL_from_12_2012.js
Gyro Javascript file from Dec 2012
(5.33 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Iv sent a message over to the developers, I'm sure I'v seen a Go To URL action with javascript to disable levelling in the past but can not find it.
Similar to the old way to enable and disable the Gyro.

javascript:gyro.toggle();

javascript:gyro.enable();

javascript:gyro.disable();

Simply add to as the URL in the Goto URL action.

Its a holiday today so lets see what happens Wednesday.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
paulk

Hi Hopki
As ever thank you for your prompt reply.
Yes hopefully will get some guidance wednesday.
Kind regards
paulk

Hi Hopki

Did you get a response from the developers regarding this issue?

Many thanks

PS PM's don't seem to be working.
Hrvoje

Hello

I noticed that latest Pano2VR - Version: 6.0 beta3 pro 64bit - Revision: 16902/5.9.4
doesn't have gyro option in html template anymore. Please look into attached photo.
I also noticed new gyro button in skin elements which has a bit different functions than what I usually had: javascript:gyro.toggle();
I tried this new one in skin but nothing happens.
Also pano2vrgyro.js is not saved in output directory.
Is that something new?
Is there any tutorial how to enable gyro again?
I need to fix it in several previous projects ASAP because my skins all have gyro button which doesn't work in all new projects and old ones modified by v6

Thanks, regards
Attachments
Gyro.jpg
Gyro.jpg (32.39 KiB) Viewed 8081 times
Tony

Hi,
I noticed that latest Pano2VR - Version: 6.0 beta3 pro 64bit - Revision: 16902/5.9.4
doesn't have gyro option in html template anymore.
Yes its integrated into the player. You control it by Actions. So if you have a Gyro button, select it and in Actions select Mouse Click => Player Settings => Gyro => Enable Gyro/Disable Gyro/Toggle Gyro

To have it start up automatically just use the loader or a container/element and use Start => Player Settings => Gyro => Enable Gyro.
Also pano2vrgyro.js is not saved in output directory. Is that something new?
Gyro is built into and part of the player now so there is no need for the .js file
Is there any tutorial how to enable gyro again?
Not that I know of but maybe Hopki will make one for us :D
I need to fix it in several previous projects ASAP because my skins all have gyro button which doesn't work in all new projects and old ones modified by v6
You should be able to select the old gyro button and remove the old actions and replace it with the new one

cheers,

Tony
Tony Redhead | Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +61438501002 | website: https://tonyredhead.com - https://redsquare.com | Pano2VR Tutorials: https://tonyredhead.com/pano2vr | instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tonyredhead/
Hrvoje

Hi Tony

Thanks a lot for quick response and providing good how-to.
I've thought about doing the same but I've asked here just in case if something else is needed :)

Best Regards
SRibas

Pano2VR6 Pro beta3
I don´t now how to make the gyro feature work. The gyro control inside the silhouette_v6 skin is not working.
Is there any "special hidden option" to activate it?
My need is to activate it, to use this important feature.

Many thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi SRibas,
You say the Gyro button in the Silhouette_6 Skin is not working?
By default the Show Gyro button is selected but you can deselect this using the new Skin Editor Configuration button.
This is located next to the Skin Editor button in the HTML5 output.
Also you will only see the button when viewed on a mobile device.
When you first open the project on a mobile the Gyro should be off.
Selecting the Gyro button should turn it on and show the move device animation.
If your not getting this can you give more information as to what is not working.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com