Requesting a New Tool

Q&A about the latest versions
RLemen

So, once you see my project you might have a better idea of what I am doing, but I would like to turn my nodes into stores. Could it be possible to build a "Node" like tool that establishes a "product" node that could have an image attached and two buttons on the image that can be for a "click to buy" that brings up a menu with size, quantity, color, number of items, etc. that we could do our own aesthetic doctoring up to it? and a second button on it that would take you to the shopping cart, or link to a store page to complete the order...

Short story here, I am an illustrator, designer, game designer, film maker, animator, and instructor, a class I recently taught was an illustration class, but my twist to it was that the students had to go online and hunt for some software that was web friendly but has nothing to do with art and make art with it. A proposal that has long been the impetus for all great art, using technology to design a new way of seeing or experiencing creative concepts, making new practical products, etc. All we have around us is because of necessity and fueled by creativity, imagination and drive.

My software chosen was yours, Pano2VR. I envision web 3.0 using VR and AR as the new high end baseline for interaction and I see entire sites built with interactivity. THose who can afford it will use 3D and unity or unreal to build a true immersive space, the rest will have access to node building like this software and create virtual 2.5 spaces. This first project I have started is an example of building a space that does not exist(fictional in part) and giving it as much immersive interaction as possible like the old Myst games, which I worked on the 3rd version of and gave me this idea. My next tour is a total science fiction, apocalyptic setting to my graphic novel. You will be able to use the tour software to travel through the settings of the world space and get as close to them as virtual will allow. But I am trying to master what this software does first before committing to a serious project like this example, that is a lot of painting only to find that the software doesn't quite do what I was hoping...proven to work far more effectively than I anticipated and happy to move on to the pro version.

I work in both 2D and 3D but I am trying to help bolster the 2D side. I have a big influence in the art industry and if this node building experience fires off the way I hope it does, there will be many many more artists coming here very soon to build their own or tour experiences for clients. I want to usher in this product and concept to this new demographic you might not have been expecting to use this software. The zip file is the current state of my node minus 7 illustrated animations I am still finishing and a Unity game I cannot get running in the node space either. And of course I cannot add the other nodes I have painted until I have a pro version, which is another topic I submitted.

Thank you for the help and I hope I am not being too much of a burden requesting resources. THis is an exciting design time and this is exciting software for this experience.
IronWagen

Our company specializes in gamified 360 tours and I believe we have had to overcome similar difficulties. I recommend you create your own external functionality and don't depend on the Pano2vr skin editor too much. The html5 output of Pano2vr is just normal html elements that can be controlled with javascript. This means that you can build anything into your 360 tour that you could build to a normal web site.
RLemen

Do you have a website with existing examples of your tours? I’d love to see where you have gone with your tour designs. Thank you for the help.
IronWagen

We do gamified 360 training material and I cannot show you the ones we have done for clients but here are two examples that are not for any actual client. Both of these examples are not fully polished but gives good enough idea what we are doing. Both examples work perfectly on mobile devices.

The first example demonstrates tools, points, question forms, feedback and branching paths (second part of the video shows a slightly different outcome). These features have been the most requested ones by our clients. We have usually also implemented badges and leaderboards but this demo does not include those.

https://youtu.be/VmuKTYcNiF4

The second example is more like an old school point and click game. We have not had the time to polish the icon graphics. This example demonstrates tools, tool menu, finding items from the world, getting items from npcs, map navigation, question forms and hotspots with multiple states. Multiple states refer to how the npc act in different situations depending on the selected tool and world "flags". The story in this one is that the player must return a book to the library but the book is missing and the player has to do all sorts of stuff to get it back. The final step is to make fake id with the printer and show the fake id to the info desk lady. There is also a hidden feature: if you zoom into the right places, randomly placed ghosts of old students will appear and give you riddles. I forgot to include them in this video.

https://youtu.be/HafYJNYu12s
RLemen

These are absolutely right on the money with what I am envisioning. Fantastic stuff. I'd love to work with you on some ideas, it seems you already have the coding capabilities and I think that might end up quite a burden on the back end for me...

I am very impressed with where these are going and I can't wait to see the final iterations of these and whatever else you end up creating. Fantastic work!