Panorama flash movies within another Flash movie

Q&A about the latest versions
zorro

We love your software, very powerful. We are having some trouble mainly with issues having to do with the controller.

We have a main flash movie that serves up the virtual panoramas created with pano2vr in itself. So essentially we have a flash movie inside a flash movie. We looked at the flash APIs and were able to successfully load our panoramas in the spot that we wanted them to appear rather than at 0,0. The problem came with the controller, the controller seems to want to be governed by the main flash movie therefore it is postioned in relation to the main flash movie not the panorama. We solved that by hacking the controller file and by trial and error moving the controller up and positioning it where we want it, that is not the most elegant solution but it works. Is there something else we can do to more accurately make this work?

Our second problem is also with the controller in that we want to make the full screen functionality work, but as the scripts are written, the controller will make the main flash movie go full screen not the panorama that lives within the main flash movie.

Is there any light you can shed on this matter?
thomas
Chief Gnome

To be honest I never tried to use a panorama with a controller within a Flash container because I thought its more flexible to write your own controller directly in Flash. I will try to test this at some point but at the moment I am busy with preparations for the PanoTools Meeting in Prague.
MfG, Thomas
zorro

I understand. Just to be clear, when I say controllers I mean the skins like:

"controller_new_popup.ggsk"

Here is a URL of what we have so far:

http://www.lynxdesign.com/stlauren/home ... cuzzi.html

So, what I am hearing you say is that if our panorama movie that we created with pano2vr lives in another flash movie, then we should create our own controllers instead of using the "skins" and have them control the pano2vr movie from within the host swf?

Thanks.
zorro

But, even if we did that, could we tell the pano2vr movie that lives within our host swf to go full screen? We do not think we can, are we wrong?

Thanks
thomas
Chief Gnome

Yes I guess this is much more flexible. Also the container would stay if you load a new panorama etc. You can control the pano with the Flash API and also get back the values you may need to build for example a radar. If you switch to fullscreen mode you can simple resize the panorama window to the size you like to have for the pano.
MfG, Thomas