BUG/Totally Missing functionality, Cannot set Project Title for HTML

Q&A about the latest versions
mbb

I am very surprised that Pano2VR apparently has no functionality to properly set the project "title" which is used in the generated HTML document <title></title> tag.

What's going on here? How in the world is this not possible??

Please do not respond with "Change the Title of Your starting panorama" because I need my starting panorama to keep it's current title.

Also, please do not respond with "Change the generated HTML manually". As Pano2VR overwrites this every time a tour is re-generated, thus requiring re-editing every. single. time.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This has been covered a few times now and a search would have found a few posts but here is one that looks at modifying the template which of course you only have to do once.
Then using one of the other user data text fields to set the HTML page title.
Of course this is not so nice so in V6 there is an in software solution.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

This has been covered a few times now and a search would have found a few posts
Why do you feel you have to imply that I did not do a search?

Yes, I did a search. And I did find some posts. And I did go through those posts. Hence the reason why I mentioned the other "workarounds" that wern't good solutions to the issue.

This is really *basic* functionality (setting a title). Perhaps a type of FAQ for covering such basic functionality that is apparently missing from 5 versions of Pano2VR would be helpful? Where all these things can be located in one place?
360Texas

The titling of title and description name seemed to confuse me at times. Maybe elaborating the name of the field would help explain the difference between these two fields... also showing an example of what is needed in the fields. In this attachment I might be not showing examples correctly.

I always like when others ask for a date they cite the date format like date dd/mm/yy or mm/dd/yyyy.
userdata.jpg
userdata.jpg (112.75 KiB) Viewed 3048 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
mbb

Pano2VR apparently gets the title used for the tour's generated HTML <title></title> element from the "Title" of the first panorama. Which is totally not how it should be doing this. Even if your "tour" only has a single panorama, this is not a good way of getting that info.

I am bringing this up mainly to help ensure that it can get addressed in future versions of the program, which according to Hopki, is going to happen.

On the topic of "Project info", there really should also be a place to define other properties such as project description, meta and og: tags etc. to be utilized in the generated HTML for the final tour.

I hope such things are also under consideration for future versions :)
JSchrader

While I do not fully agree with the diction, I fully agree to the cause.
Individual tour titles are mandatory and should be easy to edit from within the interface.
mbb

Fortunately this is now possible in V.6b

There is now a "Edit Project User Data" button located under the first set of fields for User Data. Basically it's like deselecting all panos and you are left with the same starter data fields that the panos used.

Much simpler now to grab those variables for extended use in a modified HTML template (for generating OG tags, Twitter Card meta etc).