Viewer Keyboard command to Zoom ?

Q&A about the latest versions
keith@fachwen.org

Mmmm working on a new project and while I can pan and tilt with the Keyboard arrow keys, I can't seem to find or use the keyboard keys to zoom the image in and out...!

I think I used to be able to :shock:
Hopki
Gnome

Shift and Control works for me on the mac.
However check to see if you have disabled this found under the control tab of the HTML5 output settings.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Interesting question.
Trying our PC keyboard we found that the Shift Key zooms in and the Control CTRL zooms out.
I would have thought that the numeric key pad + key would be for zoom in and the (-) key was zoom out

Looked at the Pano2vr skin module control bar the (+) icon zooms in and the (-) icon zooms out but these are only graphic symbols that sends the equivalent ASCII character key codes.

We found the ASCII character code set here:
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS2LCR/Fla ... 00520.html

Scroll down the chart and find the ASCII character codes for the keyboard button [SHIFT] and [CTRL](actual key strokes)

Shift is keystroke 16
Control is keystroke 17

I would think that the Pano2vr programmer would be the person to talk with to learn what key strokes they implemented.

As Martin suggests... under the HTML5 output Control tab there is an option KEYBOARD [x] to disable the keyboard. You can control the sensitivity, Inertia, Mouse Double-click, Mouse wheel, and Keyboard.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
keith@fachwen.org

Thanks both,

The issue is when I'm in the Pano2VR viewer when I'm creating tours, etc, not when checking the HTML output, those checkboxes are set to their default values.

The + and - keys work fine on the numeric keyboard, thanks for that top tip 8) I wouldn't have guessed that I think!

Curious as to why the standard Shift and Ctrl keys don't do the same? They do work fine when checking the HTML in a browser.

Anyway, I now have a work-around.
Last edited by keith@fachwen.org on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Ahhh, so your talking about Pano2VR's viewer and not the exported tour.
Then yes + - keys for zoom.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Just looking at our keyboard for where the + and - keys are located as compared to numeric key pad.

Numeric Key Pad
1 key for + zoom in function
1 key for - zoom out function

Keyboard
Not practical key stroke set because of the SHIFT and + requirement
1 single key for - zoom out function
1 single key with default = sign under the + sign so I would have to use SHIFT key to get to the + key zoom in function.

I suspect that is why the programmers chose the replacement single Shift and CTRL keystrokes.

The original smaller DELL keyboard did not have the extended numeric key pad. So I bought a replacement Microsoft board/key pad. Some smaller notebooks, netbooks and smartphones use a standard keyboard with alternative ways to get to on board numeric's.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com