Feature Request - SCORM tracking for LMS

Q&A about the latest versions
DMcNeill

Hi,

I am trying to integrate a Virtual Tour created in Pano2VR into either Captivate or Storyline 360. A work around is a user moves around the tour and when they find the required item, they click a box outside of the tour to register with the E-learning module, not great, it works but a lot of work to do this.

I would like to have a fully imported Virtual tour that can be tracked within the Captivate or Storyline Slide, so that if a user clicks on a node, then the click is tracked and recorded within the E-learning software.

If not then perhaps Pano2VR could add the functionality built in to it so that we can export the Tour as a Scorm wrapped file and the options to track the clicks of the nodes or other hotspots etc. It would open a whole new set of options?

We are looking at a software that can offer this, but it does not have the flexibility or features of Pano2VR, which I would like to stick with.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
With Pano2VR's Go To URL action you can use JavaScript, can you not use this?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DMcNeill

Hi Hopki,

would you happen to have an example please?
funtob

@MDcNeill how do you get around it?
I would also like to use virtual tours in learn environments. A potential customer asked if I can give him a SCORM compatible tour.
The more I read about it, the more it seams to be a big deal to handel it in the right way since the SCORM standard is pretty old.
There is another 360 Tour software called 3DVista that claims to have SCORM integrated.
Another tool might be https://www.viar360.com/ but it's extremely expencive. They use https://h5p.org/

Regards, Tobias
DMcNeill

Hi,
I am now currently testing 3DVista which has recently integrated a SCORM API option. You still need to use SCORM 1.2 Javascript Commands and it is not straight forward but it might work. Adobe Captivate now allows the import of 360 Video and images so that is also an option, very basic, but doable. I would prefer the user experience of a full Pano2VR interface and interactivity with the Scorm tracking added but it seems ot be slowly being added to other 360 tour options.
SMagnus

Just wanted to say that I am also involved in the integration of a tour into a SCORM environment right now. Let´s exchange experiences...
Loading a content package with the tour is no problem, the challenge is sending back into the system which of the required nodes have been visited. The best would be to be able to start the tour next time with this learning progress saved...
SVondenhoff

Hi there,

I think the following should do the trick:

When you set the following course completion javascript action onto e.g. a final ux element interaction and then use a scorm wrapper to make publishing to your lms possible, you should be able to complete the course:

function findLMSAPI(win) { if (win.hasOwnProperty("GetStudentID")) return win; else if (win.parent == win) return null; else return findLMSAPI(win.parent); } var lmsAPI = findLMSAPI(this); //set score; the first number is the score lmsAPI.SetScore(100, 100, 0); //set status; possible values: "completed","incomplete", "failed", "passed" lmsAPI.SetReachedEnd(); lmsAPI.SetPassed();

Though I believe that having the option to export to scorm 1.2/2004 xAPI directly from Pano2VR would be a huge usp for Gnome to profile their product as an immersive e-learnijg authoring environment. Just had a look at 3dvista, they're already walking this path.

Best regards,

Sebastiaan Vondenhoff
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
There is a feature request in for this, just to let you know.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
mlenox

Can we get an update on when we might see SCORM or xAPI capabilities built into Pano2VR?
SVondenhoff

Really curious about the status of the SCORM export feature request. I'm telling you, if you manage to do this, I'll bet you will have a lot of new customers from the e-learning development industry.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Just to keep everyone in the loop, the feature request is listed for V7.
The V6 feature list is complete so it makes sense for new features to be included in the next major release.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
NaderF

Is there a page still available for new feature requests?

I have a few mundane but very useful items I wish to suggest and open for comments. Please leave a note as to where such posts can be made.

Thanks,

Nader
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please send your feature requests to support, link below.
To help it is always good when asking for a new feature to add a use case, a good reason why this would be a good feature.
If your feature has nothing to do with SCORM, the subject for this post, then please start a new post, we can then add the forum post to the request.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
mlenox

Version 7 is up to beta 5. Any update on whether SCORM or xAPI or CMI5 or any other LMS support is going to make it into Version 7? We've had to abandon Pano2VR for most projects for lack of even the most rudimentary support for an LMS. Would love to get back into Pano2VR.
mlenox

... now Version 7 beta 6. No updates available re LMS support?