Problem reopening hotspots

Q&A about the latest versions
someguy

Hi,

I'm working on a virtual tour, and I'm having an issue where the hotspots do not save, after each edit I have to redo them completely. The png file saves, and the program locates it, however, when I open the hotspot editor there is nothing there.

This isn't too big of a deal, as drawing the hotspots doesn't take that long, but it would nice to be able to reopen and edit these.

Anyone else experience this?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Which version are you using? Which format (cube faces, equirectangualar, strip)?
MfG, Thomas
someguy

Hi Thomas,

I had just purchased a license for your software today and am still experiencing the same issue. I am using the newest build of the software, and have experienced this on both Windows XP and OS X 10.5.

The format I am importing is Quicktime movies, and I selected "auto" for the format type. The software correctly identifies the filetype and locates the png file ok, however, when I close the file and open it again the hotspot definitions are blank. The software still remembers the title, url, and target - but I have to redraw the images. The output files work fine, they just don't save.

Which format do you recommend I use?

Thanks.
thomas
Chief Gnome

someguy wrote:Hi Thomas,

I had just purchased a license for your software today and am still experiencing the same issue. I am using the newest build of the software, and have experienced this on both Windows XP and OS X 10.5.

The format I am importing is Quicktime movies, and I selected "auto" for the format type. The software correctly identifies the filetype and locates the png file ok, however, when I close the file and open it again the hotspot definitions are blank. The software still remembers the title, url, and target - but I have to redraw the images. The output files work fine, they just don't save.

Which format do you recommend I use?

Thanks.
Ok, I see. In this case it is best to convert the QuickTime VR to cubefaces or a strip and add your hotspots after that. The problem is that for QuickTime VRs always the embedded hotspot image track is loaded instead of the additional hotspot file. This is manly a problem of the internal file handling but also that the QuickTime VR import is not the preferred source for your project as it has lower image quality as the original source image.
MfG, Thomas
someguy

I converted the files and everything works great now.

Thanks!