Facebook sharing

Q&A about the latest versions
Frankster69

Hi all,

I've read about the embed template and Facebook posting here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11627

To maybe save me some time and effort I have a few questions on that.

- Can I just publish the tour as usual with this template (and add the extra image for the preview), then put it on my website (loading in an iframe wrapper in Joomla) and from there share it like the topic states? And in all other ways it it still also a full tour on my website and behaves normally on mobile?

- Or do I have to share the actual index.html from the output folder? So I would have to configure any share buttons in the skin to reflect that? Because in default situation I think it get's the full page URL, so the parent of the iframe. Does it then still fetch the preview image?

I've noticed that with the normal.ggt template the link in Facebook grabs other images of the page the tour is on, not from the tour itself, and am now searching for the way to get it right. Any advice appreciated!

regards, Frank
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frank,
I would not bother to try and embed in the Facebook time line as it only uses Flash and we all know how popular that is right now.
Your better off having a look at this post which uses the template to embed a preview image in the Facebook post then opens the HTML5 pano in a new window or tab: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11627

So to make this work with a ggpkg you would make two outputs all using the output folder, the first output will use the normal.ggt and Create files for external embedding selected. The second output will then use the embed_p2vr.ggt.
You can then manually make the ggpkg be selecting all the files in the output folder and zipping it up.
Please see this page: https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/cms-plugins/
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Frankster69

Hello Hopki,

Yes, I've read that post as noted in my OP :) I'll experiment with that shortly, thanks.

regards, Frank