problem modifying hotspot

Q&A about the latest versions
aryana1191

when I try to open hotspot modify window error message show out of memorey. can't figure it out check my
computer virtual memorey allocation that is set to default on "let windows to Choose" . restarted the computer still the same error message "out of memorey". rest of the option working fine only when I try to open hotspot modify properties. pls give me a solution

AJ
castillonis

I just created a hotspot in a quicktime on Windows XP2 by unchecking the edit horizontal cross in settings. I used a relative file path for the URL and used the target _self.

Thomas mentioned something about using cube faces and limiting the size (dimension in pixels) of the cube face when running on Windows XP (not sure if that implies that it works on OS X). He mentioned something about the image size for executables (or something similar) under Windows XP.

Thomas also told me about an option in the settings box
File->Settings->Hotspots: (uncheck the box on the left side that says 'Edit cube faces as horizontal cross')
Pano2VR did not crash on me when I did not create a <filename>_hs.png with this option unchecked. You then need to choose the cube face that you want to create hotspots on by clicking on the 'Image' drop down box in the upper left hand corner. Use the tool to select an area on the image and fill out the Title, URL, and Target text fields.

URL like
../masterBath360/masterBath360.mov (or masterBath360.html)

Targets are
_blank
_parent
_self
_top

NOTE: _blank open in a new browser will probably annoy users. I would use it sparingly if at all. If it would enhance the user experience you might use javascript or actionscript to let the user choose the behavior.
Last edited by castillonis on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
castillonis

Before you start adding new information for the second hotspot click on the small button that is to the right of the drop down box in the most upper left hand corner.

I was able to create working hotspots in flash as well.