Hot spots and skins

Q&A about the latest versions
geoff.h

Hi,
I hope someone can help as I'm a bit of a beginner with Pano2VR. I've created a pano and it displays ok. I wanted to add an information hot spot. I double clicked on the viewer and the hot spot appeared. I filled in the information required under properties in the left hand window. I generated an output and all was ok. I then wanted to add more functionality (an animated hotspot as per one of the instructional videos). I guess this was where I screwed things up. The problem I have is that I cannot identify properly the hot spot data in the properties window with the new animated hotspot created in the skin editor properties. The properties data is: ID: Point01 (where is this in the skin editor?) Type: Info, Skin-ID: ht_info (where is this in the skin editor? Title: ok, Description: I've put some text here but I can't see this text replicated in the properties of the skin editor. I have read through the documentation but I am clearly misunderstanding some basic concept that relates to how a hotspot added in the viewer can be edited in a skin editor. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards, Geoff
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Geoff,
Iv move this topic to the correct forum.
In your skin you probably have two hotspot templates, one with the ID ht_node and one with ht_info.

The ht_info is the one that opens the popups information box and the ht_node is the one for lining to other nodes of a tour.
If you have made your own animated hotspot you may of called it something different, if so I would call it ht_node.

Back in Pano2VRs main window and in Hotspot Viewer mode you can select what type of hotspot you are adding, you can add ht_URL, ht_info, ht_node etc, etc.

Make sure the hotspot are set correctly and you should be fine.
If you still get problems please send me you skin and a description of the problems.
Ho, and if you do this by PM can you add a link to this thread as Im getting a few now where I can't find the threads to the questions.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/