[SOLVED] Re-linking a patch?

Q&A about the latest versions
MClementson

Is it possible to relink a patch that has become unlinked from its parent? TIA.
Last edited by MClementson on Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Is it possible to relink a patch that has become unlinked from its parent? TIA.
What do you mean by unlinked?
How did this happen?

Patches don't normally do this as a rule, but in version 5 if you add the patch as an image Pano2VR will detect its location and ask if you want to place it in the required location.

As a matter of course I also add the location data to the file name. This is done in settings and under the files tab. Just hover over the blue information icon and it will tell you which place holder you need to add to the file path to make this work.

So if made in V5 add a new patch and select image, open the required patch, it will than ask you if you want Pano2VR to place it for you.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
MClementson

I'm not sure how the patch became unlinked - they were done right at the start of the project to remove the tripod from our images. I just noticed the other day that one image still had the tripod - I thought it was one we perhaps missed, but the patch file is still there, just somehow unlinked.

Anyway, your tips worked - that particular image is fixed again - thanks so much!