Lines on my images with Pano2VR conversion

Q&A about the latest versions
HJTravels

I had this problem with the conversion with the beta version but am still having the problem with Pano2VR 2.0. I input my large files and change them into a vertical strip with Pano2VR. Somehow in this conversion it ads the lines into my tour. This does not happen with the Pano2QTVR just Pano2VR. I also am not doing anything to the imagges. They are 100% out of Pano2VR. You can see the lines in the sky on the first image here: http://www.easyviewmedia.com/princessro ... index.html

Thanks,
Dan
thomas
Chief Gnome

For a cube strip the tile size must be dividable by 16 otherwise the sub sampling of JPEG produces these artifacts. currently your image has a tile size of 761 so maybe try 768 as the nearest multiple of 16.
MfG, Thomas
HJTravels

Actually I set the tile size to 857, but will convert them all to multiples of 16.

Thanks,
Dan
HJTravels

Ok I had the same problem on another one of my tours.

http://www.easyviewmedia.com/clarion-oc/index.html

If you go to Lenny's Beach Bar and Grill or the Indoor Pool you can still see the lines on the images. The tile size for these images is 880 pixels (55x16). What is the problem?

Thanks,
Dan
360Texas

When you say see the lines... Please... where are the err join lines in your panoramas ? Top , bottom mid center. What browser are you using? What version of Flash are you using? It would help us try to determine where the issue is located.

I am using Vista Ultimate and IE 7 Service pack 1. Flash version 9,0,0,124,0 I see do not immediately see the lines you are referring to.

Sometimes when you use one program like Pano2Vr to cube images and then use another program product (FPP) viewer to reassemble and display the image you may not get the best display results.

Question 1 - Have you tried using Pano2VR Flash version 9 display ?

Lenny's is display using an alternate display version called FPP.
FPP's signature is the % loading in center of full screen pano.. and the checkered transition.

Question 2. Why not just use FPP's simple single cube faces 0,1,2,3,4,5 to assemble the FPP panorama. Do you get the same cube face trace lines?
Why use your vertical strip face type ? I am suggesting that you are trying to use a Pano2VR vertical strip face.. in an alternate FPP projection viewer. Then complain about it.

Use Pano2VR Flash 9 viewer ! Do you get same results?

Pano2VR does not use this code sample for display http://flashpanoramas.com/player]"

Code: Select all

script type="text/javascript" src="files/swfobject.js"></script>		
<div id="flashcontent">This content requires <a href="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer/">Adobe Flash Player</a>.<br />
Built on <a href="http://flashpanoramas.com/player/">Flash Panorama Player</a>.</div> 
    <script type="text/javascript">
	  var so = new SWFObject("files/panoStripe.swf", "pano", "100%", "100%", "9", "#282828"); 
	  so.addVariable("xml_file","navigation3.xml");
	  so.addParam("allowFullScreen","true");
	  so.addParam("allowScriptAccess","sameDomain");
	  so.write("flashcontent");
	  window.document["pano"].focus();
    </script>
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
HJTravels

If you look in the images, you'll see the lines clearly, especially in the blue of the sky outside. I decided to use the vertical strips instead of the 1-5 because it's just easier for me to put that in. I will eventually start using QTVRs if this problem isn't resolved. This was never a problem with Pano2QTVR. All of the other images in the tours were done using Pano2qtvr, that is why there are no lines in them. They were also processed at the same 70% jpeg output.
360Texas

Ok I looked up at the blue sky at Lenny's and here is what I see - no lines. Maybe it would be a good idea if you could do a quick screen capture and show us.

Dave
Visit 360texas.com
HJTravels

Here is an image of the line. Where it says The Line is here, there are two lines, showing the edges of the cube faces. So under the text the line is in a V.

Dan

360Texas

Thank you for showing us your trace lines. Please look at Wim's comments and links to sample images when you click the link below.

There is an on going review comments about these trace lines in Flash Version Beta 10 thread

http://www.gardengnomesoftware.com/foru ... f=6&t=1125
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
HJTravels

My problem is not related to flash. The problem is in Pano2VR. This problem never existed when I used Pano2QTVR for this same conversion.

Dan
360Texas

Your issue might be related to Flash Ver 10 yes, maybe only by coincidence.. but those same trace line are being introduced into the images about the time Flash beta 10 arrived.

I am using Pano2VR and creating panorama using Version 9 and bidirection single cubeface conversions and do not get those trace lines.

Using that conversion type is convenient for you but you are getting trace lines. Using another selection type on the list should be just as convenient.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
HJTravels

I'm sure it is not related to Flash 9 or 10. These lines were never in any of my images before I used Pano2VR.

This is 100% a Pano2VR issue.

Dan
360Texas

All these are Pano2VR and Flash 8 and 9. No trace lines here and yes, All were cube sliced to insert the tripod cap.

No trace lines here.

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/s ... change.htm

Your issue is your apparant work flow and software display technique.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
HJTravels

My tripod caps were all done within Photoshop CS3 and have not been adjusted after the creation of the strips. The lines are 100% Pano2VR issues. Tomorrow I'll make a tour of both Pano2VR and Pano2QTVR mirrors. You'll see the issues then.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ok, I tracked down the bug. The color sub sampling has not been turned off as it should. My problem was that the bug is only present in the release version but not in my debug version I used to work with. Anyway, Pano2VR 2.0.2 fixes the line bug.
MfG, Thomas