New Features?

Q&A about the latest versions
rsmkns

I have three tasks that I do not think can be done, in which case I suggest them as new features:

1. I have a number of large tour projects for which I occasionally need to update some information, such as new, additional links, and information that goes into the XML file. Is there anyway that I can output the project without re-processing all the images (a very time consuming effort). In other words, the images for the panos are good, but I need to update the skin and xml files. A checkbox under the image pane for generating the images (or not) would be helpful. This would be like the checkbox in the html pane to generate the html page.

2. Is there anyway to add one project to another? For example, I have some projects done in the standard mode with lots of nodes. I would like to convert them to the pro mode as a single project, but it seems that I have to add all the existing links between the nodes and information about the nodes manually.

3. I need to add the same static audio (controlled by a skin button) to about half of my nodes in a pro project. Is there a way to copy and paste this audio configuration from node to node without having to do it all manually?

Thanks,

Ron
IronWagen

1. You could use javascript to load the information dynamically from external sources. This would eliminate the need for outputting every time a link or text changes. I am not sure what you mean by re-processing all the images. To my knowledge the processing is done only once with the very first output. After that Pano2vr should not process them anymore (unless you delete or move the processed tiles).

2. Merging projects. This would be a nice feature I guess. At the moment you are left manually copying the stuff within the xml file

3. Not being able to copy and paste certain things in Pano2vr is infuriating. Im still waiting for being able to copy and paste hotspots

4. Nudging an object in skin editor with the arrow keys.. Oh my god if anything pisses me off its this. Nudging first scrolls the screen and then starts nudging.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ron,
Along as you don't move the location of the files, once created the tiles should not be remade if your using multi resolution.
You can add a .p2vr file to a project, as long as you move all the input images for the new p2vr file to the same folder it will add all the init images as well as all the hotspots etc.

You can copy and paste hotspot in 5.2, go to list view select all the hotspot sand right button click and you will then be able to copy the hotspots.
Nudging an object, again have you done the sin 5.2?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
IronWagen

I just installed the newest version. Nudging and copy/pasting hotspots works great now, thank you! :D