Choices: Pano2VR, Pano2QTVR or FPP

Q&A about the latest versions
rstone

I am shopping for a program that will help make Flash panoramas and am using PC with WinXP Pro 1.4 Ghz
and 1gb ram. Will also be purchasing PTGui 7.8 and would like to make 360x180 full screen panos. Have made
some but still in beginner category.

Saw a pano that I would like to try to do that I believe was done using Flash Panorama Player. Link below.

When this pano opens, navigate slightly down and left. There is a "Rendered" buiding. Click on the building
(hotspot) and it loads another Pano. Very cool!

Question is, can this be done with either Pano2V or Pano2QTVR? If so, could anyone supply a link to one?

http://www.aerialpan.com/temp/PanTest/F ... ue_Sky.swf
Last edited by rstone on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hum@no.id

Question is, can this be done with either Pano2V or Pano2QTVR?
compare features

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/features.php
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
rstone

I guess the "compare features" page does not answer the question adequetly for my small brain :wink:

I see "Create up to 255 hotspots" ok no problem there.

Then, "Spot the detail for the initial viewing parameters, and grab this position"

And "Spot the detail in the next linked movie for virtual tours"

Also, "Import images as overlays "

The thing I can't comprehend is: There are obviously two panos linked by hotspots. Click the hotspot
and it takes you to the other pano. But how is he able to get the other pano to load at precisely the same
coordinates rather than the default coordinates of the other pano.? Thus creating the illusion of the building
appearing and disappearing.

I will have to hold off ordering Pano2VR or Pano2QTVR until someone can provide an example that it can be done.
This is important to me so I don't want to buy until I know one way or the other..

Thanks for any help you can provide..
thomas
Chief Gnome

Currently you can not do this in Pano2VR with a smooth transition, you can only link via hotspot to the second panorama and in the second pano you create a hotspot back to the first.
MfG, Thomas