Tour Performance

Q&A about the latest versions
seanbhalliday

Hi all,

If you have a moment, please have a look at this tour and let me know what you think of the performance of it
and if you have any suggestions on how to improve on its performance.

http://seanhallidayphotography.com/pano ... index.html

The sources images for the tour are jpg's (32 mg each), with a final jpg used in pano2vr that is average of 40 mg.
Interpolation filter is set to: Mitchell

Attached is a screenshot of the image specs in pano2vr.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to look.

Sean Halliday
SeanHallidayPhotography.com
Attachments
image_specs.jpg
image_specs.jpg (22.01 KiB) Viewed 2221 times
soulbrother

Hi Sean,

I am in Munic/Germany with a fast web-provider and your tour runs well.

But with a slow connection it needs some seconds....

I usually recommend to set the jpg quality to ca. 70(%) instead of 90.

I have some tours, I gave to my clients with a value of 60% and they where satisfied!

Same for the small previews in the navigation: I never go higher than 70%.

Give that a try and compare the results in picture quality.

Other points:
- The info button does not show anything
- I would set limits for the "zoom in"
- let me compliment your fine panorama quality, superb nadir-retouching!

By the way:
You really use the Germany word "Kindergarten" and not a "language mix", like "kindergarden" ?
(this is interesting for me, is it the same in the UK ?)

Best regards,
Dieter
360Texas

Howdy, from Texas USA.

We use Win10 on a pc with dual 27" monitors and Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy s7 curve.

Constructive Comments:
FIRST: I really liked this tour. Sharp clear imaging. Navigation buttons are large and easy to use. The tour has a sense of purpose and conveys to internet visitors the flavor and quality of this learning institution.

If I needed to visit this school I would need to know at least City/ State written in a common screen location. As you can read Dieter from Germany has visited your site.

Device access:
Its ok for a LONG URL for mouse/keyboard on Desktop.
It takes a long time to tap in your long URL on a smartphone.
URL should contain only lowercase characters.
A mix of UpPeR/LoWeR case characters on a smartphone leads to GOTO errors and several attempts to correctly tap in the URL.

Entrance -
outside is a good starting point for your tour. Maybe in your skin/ menu scheme you might have a visible clickable hotspot that will return the visitor to the outside "Start Here" . I rather got lost inside the school... with out an immediate method for starting over. Drop down menu **see note below/ slide room layout or map would be good idea.

You are sensitive to student privacy. Block blur on the graphic with student pictures. This is a good thing as your tour is on the internet and available to everyone around the world.

Tour design:
After reviewing your tour on both desktop and smartphone I soon learned that your large Navigation < ARROWS > serve a dual purpose: Desktop they are used for Goto Next Panorama. On a Smart phone screen the function changes from < ARROWS > to a convenient **drop down menu. Thanks for that design change. Good thinking. But still looking for a common >Start Over button.

Color scheme:
I was thinking about a Red/Green color blind visitor. Your hotspot buttons a LARGE enough for tapping on small screen. The color RED with black thick stroke. Actually all that is needed is high contrast like white on black. Red is really a grey for the color blind person.

Technical thinking:
I did notice a couple stitch errors which degrades the overall great presentation. Did you calibrate your lens/ panorama head to remove the no parallax point ? Its a 2 minute fix before the next project. All your imaging is properly white balanced.

Dieter was correct when mentioning that all your imaging should be adjusted for limiting Field of View (zoom in/out). This is found in Viewing Parameters / Field of View to limit the zoom in (MIN) to prevent over pixelation at 45° and MAX Rectilinear to 110° to prevent barrel distortion.

Skip passed the WIX advertising to get to the Tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0HaRZi ... =youtu.be
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I see you have 17 PNG thumbnails that are 1000 x 500px, bit big and need to be set to JPG, they are also far to large in file size.
What version of Pano2VR do you have as the player is from Pano2VR 5.0.2.
Also if your not using Pro please make sure you make the thumbnails as small as possible but of course still visible and make them JPGs.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/