Pano2VR 2.0 is out!

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

After 9 months in beta I am proud to announce the final version of Pano2VR 2.0. There are only some smaller bug fixes from the latest beta7a but no new major features. The user interface is now translated into German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Russian and Chinese.

To download the latest version visit http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr_download.php.

I like to thank all people in this forum who helped to improve Pano2VR with their bug reports, ideas, translations, critiques, supporting words, etc. .
So please enjoy the new version!
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

Сongratulate! Super work...
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Thomas,

So after 9 month the baby is born ;-)
Сongratulations.

All the best,

Wim.
visual360media

Brilliant, we're out of beta, off to play now, see ya soon, thanks Thomas.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
hum@no.id

Hi, Thomas...

1. I have noticed in 'Viewing Parameters' window, over projection - now available context item 'Variable Window Size'....

I guess... must also exist next context item 'Fixed Window Size'

Why this item disabled? This will be suitable for exact positioning viewport (3:4 or widescreen window aspect ratio).

___

2.'Blackman' interpolator maybe broken

thnx
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
thomas
Chief Gnome

hum@no.id wrote:Hi, Thomas...
1. I have noticed in 'Viewing Parameters' window, over projection - now available context item 'Variable Window Size'....
I guess... must also exist next context item 'Fixed Window Size'
Why this item disabled? This will be suitable for exact positioning viewport (3:4 or widescreen window aspect ratio).
You get a list with all output sizes defined, so just create a Flash output with 640x480 and you should see there a "Fixed Window (640x480)" (or "Фиксированный размер окна (640x480)" thx to your translation. ;-) )
2.'Blackman' interpolator maybe broken
Hmm... I test it the interpolator works fine. What did you exactly do?
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

You get a list with all output sizes defined, so just create a Flash output with 640x480 and you should see there a "Fixed Window (640x480)"
aaa... this much useful... super (in future possible, save this сhoice on project settings with all data?)

___

About Blackman's interpolators

1. Interpolator - Blackman/sinc
2. Remapping any spherical texture to cube (e.g cube faces)
3. After process - get for TIF absolutely black texture

Maybe, this only my trouble... I tomorrow again search a problem
ps. I usually don't use Blackman, I just attentively tested all functions of the program (My choice - Lanczos)

Regards...
thomas
Chief Gnome

hum@no.id wrote: 1. Interpolator - Blackman/sinc
2. Remapping any spherical texture to cube (e.g cube faces)
3. After process - get for TIF absolutely black texture
Ahhh.... Ok, I tested just the Blackman filter but not the Blackman/sinc. I can now reproduce the bug. Looks like there is a need for a 2.0.1 ;).
MfG, Thomas
maccent

Hi thomas

May I also post some suggestions?

What about an option to disable - enable the mouse or keyboard indepentandly and not together?

What about an option to specify the decrease of the quality while moving and overide the auto function.

As for the auto, perhaps you must have an a option for auto per frame rate (such as if the frame rate is below a point decrease the quality as much as to maintain a minimum frame rate.

And perhaps the same for bitmap filtering

thanks
Peter Stephens

Hi,

Still can't get the hotspot creator to work. It must be my computer as I've not seen anyone else complain about it? It's so frustrating. When I click on the 'Modify' button on the main window it attempts to open it but gives me the windows box 'Pano2VR.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience' (I hate the way microsoft puts this, just makes me want to through the computer out of the window !!) :lol:

Any ideas ? I might try it on another computer.

Best Wishes,
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas,
Two things
Embedded sound and going from pano to pano in full screen.

I thought this was going to be in V2.0

If not when do you think?
Many Thanks
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hopki wrote: Embedded sound and going from pano to pano in full screen.
I thought this was going to be in V2.0
Me to, but so much to do and not much time...9 months for beta and 1 1/2 years of development time was exhausting... Anyway, both things should come soon, maybe 2.1 or 2.2?
MfG, Thomas
Hopki
Gnome

Thanks Thomas
All very much appreciated. :D
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

HI Thomas
Just to let you know, the skin editor bug with moving images or buttons around with the curser keys and locking up screen is back!

You fixed it in the previous version, but making a new skin for a customer I noticed the same thing happening.

Cheers Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hopki wrote: Just to let you know, the skin editor bug with moving images or buttons around with the curser keys and locking up screen is back!

You fixed it in the previous version, but making a new skin for a customer I noticed the same thing happening.
:(. Not good. As I noticed the bug only appears when you hold down the cursor key for longer time and move the object with the "repeat key" feature. Maybe pressing the Ctrl-,Shift- or both modifier keys to make bigger steps, and pressing & releasing the key helps to avoid this problem.
I will also try to find a better way to fix this race condition within the code.
MfG, Thomas