How open ver 4.5 patches in Ver5

Q&A about the latest versions
imme

Hi,

I have some old files created with Pano2vr ver 4.5 with patches. But these files are not opening in Ver 5. Patches are no loading. Is there any solution to this?
imme

Panorama is a 4.74 gigapixel. I had to edit nadir as per client request and its huge in size. Tried to output Transformation > equirect but pano2vr crashes at the time of saving file of 95k + size. Version 5 uses patches differently.
imme

Pano2vr Version 5 makes a patches folder and places patches inside this folder. I have tried to create a new patch with Version 5 and than replaced new patch created with version 5 with Version 4.5 patch. Renamed old patch with new name and than tried to load it in version 5. But Version 5 still does not include patch. Any solution to this problem.
imme

No luck so far. Version 5 opens old files and show that its opening remapping patch but patch is no where :roll:
Hopki
Gnome

Hi imme,
Sorry for the delay in answering this post but been away and then releasing beta 2.
Ok I made a project using version 4.5. and made a patch.
I then opened the same project in version 5.1 beta and the patch was added as it should be.
When you open version 5 check the file path to the patch in the patch viewer mode properties.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
imme

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for your reply. It works in smaller files without any issue. But when i load this 90k x 45k file it does not work. It opens ver 4.5 file than it shows loading nadir patch and than remapping. But patch does not appear. I have tried to give path in patch properties but still no luck.

File is big and I am working in PSB format. Patch is also in PSB format.

I have loaded equi file into ver 5 as new project and than created patch with same p/t/fov settings. Than i renamed and replace ver 4.5 patch file into patch folder but still not works. Is there any differences in PSB patched created with ver 4.5 and ver 5?
imme

I have also tried to output a transformation > equi file in PSB format so that I can have complete equi. PSB file format has no limitation but pano2vr quits with error while outputting complete 95k equi.

Hopki It looks like I have to work it out in ver 4.5 to deliver it to client. Is there any way i can selectively render xml , html files only. I dont need to render images. I Just want to tweak some skin elements as per client requirements (which keep changing). Rendering a complete output again and again i.e. with pictures; takes too much time. How can I take control on render and select what to render manually ? I am sure Pano2vr has a solution to this.
imme

Hi Hopki,

I could not find a way to manually select what to output.

OUTPUT SETTINGS

Select All All tick

Manual

Images tick
tiles tick
html tick
xml tick
swf tick

Outputting everything takes too much time. Like it takes almost 1 hour just for remapping. is there any way of manually doing it ?