Using variables to trigger a new pano

Q&A about the latest versions
Virtualgeoffrey

Hi all,

I would like to have the user be directed to a new pano after they have clicked on each of the 10 items (hotspot images for this purpose) in the pano.
I know I can track which images have been clicked on by using a t/f or numeric variable, but I am unsure of how to use that info to take the user to a new pano only after they have clicked on each and every image.

Is this possible to do and if so how could that be done?

Thanks,
Geoffrey
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Geoffrey,
As a thought you can have a hidden text box that has a open next pano action and tells people to click to go to next pano.
This would be pinned in the middle of the skin and would be set to hidden.

Set variables in the skin,
hs01 => true/false => false
hs02 => true/false => false
hs03 => true/false => false
~
hs10 => true/false => false

Each hotspot would set the variable value to true for that hotspot on click.
You would then need 10 hotspots with a set variable vale action to true for each variable.

The text box would have a visible logic block:
*hs01, =, true, And
*hs02, =, true, And
~
*hs10, =, true
Visible True.

So when all 10 hotspots are clicked the text box will show to move the viewer to the next pano.
This way going back to a hotspot already clicked will not affect the outcome, all 10 will need to be clicked .
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Virtualgeoffrey

Hi Hopki,

As usual, thank you for your time.

I guess my use of the word "directed" didn't come across as it probably should.
I was hoping that once the user looked at all of the 10 hotspots then the next pano would automatically open. (instead of giving them a pop up asking them to move to a new pano).

I went over and over with possible ways to force this but it doesn't look like I can do it with a variable or with a logic block without a user action.
I was hoping that I could track when each hotspot was clicked in a variable and when they hit 10, a new pano would open. But I am not sure that is possible. I did find a possible work around but came up with a loading issue which you will see in a new post "Way to load the pano before the hotspot image".

Again, thank you for all of your time and support.
Geoffrey
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
once the user looked at all of the 10 hotspots then the next pano would automatically open
How would the viewer look at a hotspot, just rotate it into view, click on the hotspot, mouse over?
How is the viewer going to acknowledge that have seen the hotspot.

Logic blocks cant activate action for the moment but this is in as a feature request.
For now the user must activate an action either mouse over, enter or click.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/