Advice from experienced

Q&A about the latest versions
stekly.milos

Hallo,
I have an answer that unrelated with Pano2VR. But maybe you can give me some advice. I am doing virtual tour with A7, Samyang 14 f2,8 and Nodal Ninja 3. If I do about 15 tours, there are maybe six with mistakes that I could repare (PTGuy). Few of them are alright. And 3 are absolutely wrong. I still (maybe Six month) can´t find what is wrong. I changed lens, I do some correction of nodal point (I also payed for learning it). I have some suspicion. So... I know that this post doesn´t match with Pano2VR so please try to answer me only one thing. Please look at attachement, there is the picture of tripod and it´s not in centre well. So I think maybe my Nodal Ninja 3 is wrong. Do you have the same picture of tripod after picture stitching?

Thanks a lot!

Milos
Attachments
Picture of tripod
Picture of tripod
Bez názvu-1.jpg (168.22 KiB) Viewed 7470 times
360Texas

Are you taking 6 images around the horizon + 1 zenith and 1 nadir ? Total 8 images

If you are using PTGUI, needs more precision control points for image alignment.

Your nadir picture parallax is very close but, appears your NN3 bracket might need minor 1 mm adjustment corrections
Suggest you calibrate and test your stitching work by taking proof 10 panoramas before creating commercial work.

NN3
upper bracket camera lens forward /back to get lens no parallax point directly over the center point of rotation
lower bracket arm Left /right to get the lens center directly over the center point of rotation
beznazvu-2.jpg
beznazvu-2.jpg (65.69 KiB) Viewed 7466 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
stekly.milos

Dear Dave,
I will pay gold to resolve my problems! ;) Thank you very much, I will try to do better setup of nodal point. Actually it´s little bit difficult on A7 and Samyang 14 f2,8 (there is no zoom becouse of manual lens).

I am not sure if my NN3 is right or not. You can see another picture below. Maybe only mistake in drowing the meter. I try to talk about it with the company where I bought it but they told me that it´s ok.

When I did last work I decided to change the tripod (yesterday), (actually i tryed everything before). I have Manfrotto 190Go, I am going to change it to something more heavy. Actually I know that my questions are not for this forum so please is it possible to write you an email to discuss some my problems. I am going to pay for some advices. I went long way to finish now...

Actually I payed for trainng, I also payed for setup of nodal point but it was more wrong then now. I do it better. And actually I finish my work but it´s sweat and blood for me for many hours :) Actually the professional who did the training for me and who sold me the NN3 doesn´t know to help me with the picture of tripod I showed you...

Thanks a lot, let me know some suggestion...

Milos
Attachments
WP_20160526_010.jpg
WP_20160526_010.jpg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 7461 times
WP_20160526_009.jpg
WP_20160526_009.jpg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 7461 times
stekly.milos

I post bad picture... both the same... see the difference below... one side is ok and the other one is little bit out of 90 degree... maybe wrong meter and head is alright... I don´t know...

The vendor told me that it´s ok and the company of Nodal Ninja doesn´t reply to my question...

Milos
Attachments
WP_20160526_006.jpg
WP_20160526_006.jpg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 7463 times
360Texas

What country time UTC zone are you located ? We are in UTC -6 Texas USA

Need to know if you are taking 6 Portrait images + 1 zenith and 1 Nadir ?

And at this time.... free advice. If we produce a product for you then we should talk about work cost.

We prefer using SKYPE video conference.

Our skype contact is "iam360texas". Yes, I know the name is creative LOLLL.

And yes we also have NN R1, Canon 5d and Sigma 8mm fisheye.

We also use a RICOH Theta S camera... much easier to create 360° panoramas and 360° panorama video.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
stekly.milos

I am from the Czech Republic.

Yes, I am doing HDR. I rotate 6 pictures 30° down and 30° up. I do not do nadir, I very often delete tripod in PC, if I do 30°down I do not need floor from nadir. I do the nadir or another 2 pictures of floor if there is some floor with pattern.

I had a great problems to do zenith with 90°. The trainer learn me to do zenith 60°. I do the twice for sure.

Actually I don´t understand one thing... I can´t do the stitching in PTGuy, but I can do it in last version of Hugin. (Actually I installed Hugin few minutes ago. I am still fighting with PTgui.

So I can finish work in Hugin, but I have to do it with JPG. There are some missing pixels with working in tiff. (for the best result I shoot to raw, correct to tiff, then I work with tiff until final export to JPG).

I am really in depress...

Milos
360Texas

Please do not be depressed.

HDR is good.

30 down/30°up good although I do not do that because we use a Sigma 8.

YES< I do not like pattern floor/ walls/ ceilings or ANY PATTERN.

We use PTGUI. Have not used Hugin. We are on a PC.

You wrote "for the best result I shoot to raw, correct to tiff, then I work with tiff until final export to JPG"
I AGREE - RAW > TIFF> -- use TIFF in Pano2vr. (Never .jpg)

So only difference I read are 'Stitching'. And stitching issues. Which means HUGIN Precision Control Points.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
stekly.milos

And are you doing lens correction in Photoshop before you go to Ptgui...

Now it´s 0:25, I will go sleep soon ;)

But I will continue later... i apreciate it...

You wrote: And at this time.... free advice. If we produce a product for you then we should talk about work cost.

Is it possible to talk about some elements for Pano2VR? Actually I am learning to do some individual menu but it´s not cup of my tea ;)

But I have to resolve my problems, I did maybe hundred virtual tour for free... I spent a lot foe HW and SW. It´s not easy and i am really lost in mystakes...

But try hugin for free... It surprised me a lot how easy it works ;)

Thanks for cooperation.

Milos
360Texas

right now Texas time is 17:43 hr 16 Jan 17

Please lets talk on SKYPE (see below comment).

First get the photography correct.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
stekly.milos

Ok, thanks for help... later on skype...

Milos
360Texas

Quick review:

You take:

6 images at +30°
6 image at -30°

Take 12 images into Photoshop for LENS correction: need to know more about your workflow.. what lens correction ? 14 mm to ?? mm

Stitch 12 LENS corrected images in HUGIN : need to know more about your workflow
Yes, I did download and started HUGIN and tried using my image set.. poor results because I found difficult to set and reset control points.

Hugin produces 1 equirectangle image for Pano2vr

Any work flow task more ?

I have meeting with others in 1 hour. Should return in 4 hours from now.
I did check SKYPE.. no request from you yet.

BFN
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Svendus

Hi
With a Sony a7
a Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye II would make you going
then it will do with 3-4 shots

Regards Svendus
Image Image
stekly.milos

Thanks for advice... But This Samyang is for APS-C or not?

Maybe I will try it later...
stekly.milos

You take:

6 images at +30°
6 image at -30°

Take 12 images into Photoshop for LENS correction: need to know more about your workflow.. what lens correction ? 14 mm to ?? mm

- No lens correction if I work with PTgui... lens corrections are needed if you do stitching in Hugin

(correction - Samyang 14 mm f2,8)

Stitch 12 LENS corrected images in HUGIN : need to know more about your workflow

- I have Hugin for few days i only do it by Automate and it´s working slowly but with "good" results (bad is that it do some mistake with Tiff - some pixels are out, if I work with JPG pixels are allright, but someartefact is on the picture, but stitching is perfect ;))

Yes, I did download and started HUGIN and tried using my image set.. poor results because I found difficult to set and reset control points.

Hugin produces 1 equirectangle image for Pano2vr

Any work flow task more ?

I have meeting with others in 1 hour. Should return in 4 hours from now.
I did check SKYPE.. no request from you yet.

I speak English bad... I prefare writing more... but also I am still do more testing... but more testing nothing results ;)
stekly.milos

I did some testing. I think that the problem was in Nodal Ninja 3. Actually I think the head is a litle bit croocked. But stitching during testing was alright. I have problems only if I work for somebody...

Testing of the spirit level.
Attachments
Srovnani.jpg
Srovnani.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 7410 times
Final test.jpg
Final test.jpg (691.98 KiB) Viewed 7410 times
Last edited by stekly.milos on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.