Latest info on GearVR?

Q&A about the latest versions
RBirket

Hi all and Happy New Year.

I am just trying to get an up-to-date understanding of where we are with Pano2VR and stereo panorama tours. Is this possible yet - with Pro, beta or otherwise?

Pano2VR Pro is such a great bit of software, but what we are creating more and more is stereo panoramas that need hotspots to link together. Loading the Samsung S6 into the GearVR only gives us options to Samsung Internet Browser from within Oculus, and loading a html site with a panorama doesn't work (just a browser window with the split image rather than the full 360 environment).

If I navigate to one of our stereo renders before placing the S6 into the GearVR, the Oculus interface is automatically loaded so that approach doesn't work.

If I install 'Package Disabler Pro' I can presumably stop Oculus from launching, but I just end up with a html page split across both eyes and not really properly aligned. This also inhibits the GearVR gyro from working.

In summary, how do I get a stereo panorama, and a stereo panorama tour from Pano2VR to the GearVR?

At present, I am having to bodge my way around ORBX which isn't pleasant for a none-coder like myself.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I know others are working on an apps but we do not have a solution as our outputs for for web.
Check out the commercial offerings forum for theses.
We will be looking at VR more closely after V5.1 is released.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RBirket

Thanks Hopki.

Is this likely to change in the future? It seems there could be a sizeable gap in the market that needs to be filled.