screenshot or download particular position or angle

Q&A about the latest versions
Arumugam

I am able to download the paticular frame in object2vr using canvas. but i cannot able to download the images in pano2vr
please give some solution for this
(my task is - if user rotate the 360 degree and he wants to take screenshot or download particular position or angle he will click the button the corresponding image will download)
Arumugam

Please any body know the solution for this
stalwart

KRPano does this - and I've mentioned it to Hopki a couple of months ago - I think it is a feature request for a future release...
360Texas

I suspect the photographer must know internet delivery of his HTML5 tiled panorama is very difficult to recreate (read theft) and therefor is protecting their copyright imaging work.

Allowing a visitor to freely take a "snap shot (s)" of any part of the panorama without the photographers permission is considered theft in the U.S. and most countries because it represents loss of photographers earnings.

A work-around to allow taking screen captures (read downloads) of panorama selections might be that the single downloads be over written with photographer name/ company logo or other permission notations. This might be a skin toolbar icon feature.

Just thinking out loud about protecting the photographers copyright panorama earned work. While below the panorama tripod cap displays our logo (read copyright logo) I would suggest moving the graphic to the skin toolbar so that ANY angle of view would show the toolbar/ logo.
copyright logo
copyright logo
copyright.JPG (62.53 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
The problem with this is browser window size.
If you and your customer have different sized browser window sizes then the snapshot could be misleading.

I have built the odd tour in my time for others and this is my workflow.
I build a tour with a basic skin that has a text box with the place holders to show pan, tilt and FoV, $ap / $at / $af
I then send a link to the end user so they can then list default view and target views for all nodes.

Example:
N1 Default xx/xx/xx
N1 => N2 hs xx/xx/xx
N1 => N2 target xx/xx/xx

Note:
N1 is Node One, N2 Node two etc.
N1 => N2: hs is the pan, tilt and FoV of the location of the hotspot to node two
N1 => N2: target pan, tilt and FoV, is the target view for the hotspot going to node two.

This means you get it exact without having to line up an image with the viewing parameters window to try and get it right.
I have found endusers are happy to do this as its just a case of entering the numbers in an email.

If you have lots of nodes your customer has to send you lots of images.
I do agree images are quick and easy and this is in the bug tracker as a feature request but can only show so much information.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/