Hiding QtHotspots with AS3

Q&A about the latest versions
prism

Hi.

I've been hired to make a Flash app for someone who makes QTVR panoramas, and initially worked on modifying Andre Michelle's CubicVR but we went on to buy Pano2VR instead.

One of the things I want to do is to override your tooltips with custom ones.
I'm already showing/hiding these custom tooltips using onRollOverQtHotspot and onRollOutQtHotspot, but is there some way to hide the QtHotspots?

It's been a while since I worked with Flash, and I tried to debug it to find out where the QtHotspots are located within the PanoCube object.
Where are they? Are they in some QtHotspots container I can hide on init, or do I have to set visible = false for each one?

Thanks!
thomas
Chief Gnome

If you don't enter a title text for the hotspot the default tool tip box should not show up. If this doesn't help the tool tip object is the public property of the pano object called "hotspot_txt" so you can set it to invisible manually.
MfG, Thomas
prism

Yeah that works when setting in the onRollOver function. Thanks. :)

I'd leave the title text's blank but I've been using them with the custom tooltips.
And I woke up in the middle of the night and tried giving the tooltips a 0x0 size in Pano2VR but the text still showed up. :)