How to put VR into a PowerPoint presentation ?

Q&A about the latest versions
JezUK

Hi,

Please can someone tell me how to put a PanoVR into a Powerpoint presentation ?

Is this at all possible ?

Thanks.
JezUK

I'm learning that the way to do this is to create a QuicktimeVR as that can be imported to Powerpoint......

The only thing is that when I try to save my Pano as a Quicktime movie, Pano2VR crashes......

I'm reading a lot about Quicktime being Legacy, so am I wasting my time ?

Is embedding a Pano2VR into PowerPoint even possible ???

Thanks.
panox

I could insert an object as Shockwave Flash but my presentation of 2015 doesn't show the panorama any more.
snap1966.jpg
snap1966.jpg (102.99 KiB) Viewed 9947 times

The only way a panorama can be moved automatically, I found here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... A010232631
JezUK

Thanks Harald,

Seems like it'd be riddled with issues - I'm creating something for a client and am a loathe to risk it for their presentation.

I'll find another way for presenting.

Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi JezUK.
The only thing is that when I try to save my Pano as a Quicktime movie, Pano2VR crashes......
What operating system is your computer using and which version of Pano2VR?
It should not crash.

Quite right QTVR died way back with QT7, Flash worked for a while but not tested in quite a long time.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JezUK

Hi Hopki,

I tried both the latest Beta Version and then the latest stable versions (currently downloadable).

Windows 7.

It simply doesn't work and we can't go with that.

We're going to go for a standalone option (that doesn't rely on the internet to view).

Please can you confirm, with a standalone version, can you see your hotspots and info bubbles ?
360Texas

We tried adding panoramas to our Powerpoint briefings before I retired 17 years ago.

Inside Powerpoint we just used a clickable image placeholder with an external link that went to a local hard drive html page.

During briefing click the link and the program control branches over to the .html file ... starts the default browser and displays the panorama. Close the browser and the program control returns to the still open in the background Powerpoint presentation.

Its not Pano2vr or your computers operating system that is failing to work.... its probably YOUR WEB BROWSER.

There in is the GLITCH. BECAUSE OF web browser SECURITY CONCERNS current versions browsers I think like Chrome, IE 11, IE Edge and few others no longer permit using the browser to look back and display web pages on local C:/ etc. Even for developers creating and testing new websites. The answer of course is like what Garden Gnome Software and Adobe Dreamweaver and probably others did: they have internal secure server software that simulates real hosting servers that allow 'looking back' at your local hard drive to run web pages.

IF you have a few HTML webpages on your hard drive ... suggest opening your default browser and in the URL bar try yourC:// to those web pages and see if they will function (mean will the .html file actually open and display content).

Last year while testing our panoramas on our thumb drive, FIREFOX was the only browser that would let us drill down to and open .html and display our VR panorama tour. We did this with our PC and Android 6.1 smart phone.

Just a few thoughts on this matter of displaying panoramas from local harddrives.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
MGreen

Hi...I'm on my phone and am sending this without testing ...but there seems to be a way to view your pano in ppoint ... as long as you're serving it from a secure https place ... hope this might help ... http://speakingpractically.com/2015/06/ ... owerpoint/
JezUK

Thanks everyone for their replies, we're going to go with the FF Browser option as well as having the panoramas on Hard Disk.

I appreciate everyone's help.

Thank you.