Cardboard switching via hotspot

Q&A about the latest versions
PKnights

Hi, i noticed on the example page that the Layer Marney Tower output has a toggle switch for google cardboard view. When doing this the extra hostsposts and popups are disabled from the original HTML5 output - how is this done?
Any chance I can have a look at the source file pls?
Thanks,
pk
Hopki
Gnome

Hi PK,
If your project has a popup, example ht_image and nodes, ht_node.
Then in the cardboard template you add a hotspot template without an image and name it ht_image.
1.jpg
1.jpg (45.03 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
When you open the cardboard output you will see the ht_node as it will have its image but the ht_image will be hidden.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
PKnights

Hi martin, not actually what i was after - i really wanted to know how to switch between two versions of the panorama. One cardboard and one normal.

However, after a little thinking and closer inspection I saw you were actually directing via a URL link to a cardboard version of the panorama and then linking back to the standard output.
Would be great to have this feature inbuilt or even auto detection of the device without making two panorama output versions etc. I'm sure some html guru out there can write the auto detection code in either the indext.html or JS file in any case!

Many thanks for the prompt reply.
pk
Boothy

Hi PKnights

You do not have to have 2 output versions !

Please see the solution by NEAL at the bottom of the following thread:-

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10859&p=44164&hilit=skin1#p44164

I use this all the time and it works well.

I agree although cardboard is technically probably still Beta - the above solution or similar should be included within program settings.

Boothy