Pano2VR beta7 release

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

Thanks for the answer, I can see the setting now, but now my question is, should it not default to 255 ?
hmmm.... The problem is, this is the current color (completely transparent). If I change that to 255 to open the dialog, and the user clicks "Ok" the color is changed without a user interaction. But I see your point. I need to think about that.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

g8dhe wrote:
But having stability problems when remapping equ's to various sizes / compressions, it seems to crash every time when clicking the "Create All" and it gets to the second remap to equ (Thumbnail, Flash and MOV come first), but creating each output manually it only crashes on odd occasions, no particular pattern that I can identify yet. Will report back later if anything becomes obvious. If it helps I can upload the project file ?
I have run some test but could not produce a single crash. Can you upload the file?
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

@ Karyn

With all the new functions and options the new Skin Editor is extremely versatile.
You must must have a very hard job to cover them all in a tutorial and I think this must be the most challenging one ever.
Success,

Wim.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hopki wrote:Hi Thomas
I have noticed that the return to view feature once clicked returns the view smoothly, which is way cool. However the CPU usage goes’s through roof until you click the screen.

Test, set auto rotate going, click button to return to default view, the auto rotate does not restart.
CPU working very hard, tying to leap out of my PC. Click screen, CPU chills out and after set time auto rotate carries on going.
Conclusion: something hanging.

What do you think :D
I second that ;). Will be fixed in the next version.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

I just posted beta7a.

The changes are:
  • Russian translation thx to hum@no.id
  • Context menu for fixed window sizes in viewing parameters
  • Skin modifiers: factor and offset range expanded
  • Bug fix - Skin editor, undo buffer race condition after 100 operations lead to crash
  • Bug fix - "Move To" bug in the Skin used the CPU even after stopped moving
You can download the new version as always from the Pano2VR download page.
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
visual360media

thomas wrote:
Thanks for the answer, I can see the setting now, but now my question is, should it not default to 255 ?
hmmm.... The problem is, this is the current color (completely transparent). If I change that to 255 to open the dialog, and the user clicks "Ok" the color is changed without a user interaction. But I see your point. I need to think about that.
Mmmm, I am slightly lost. If somone opens the colour dialogue they want top pick a colour ! If they want it transparent they will not open the
colour picker, will they ? Quite often a transparent background gives your image a fuzzy edge so i prefer to choose a colour.
What do others here think ? Maybe set up a vote for it on the forum !

Keep up the good work, and thanks for the latest updates. Just hope someone can write the tutorials quick enough.
There is a good map one a few posts ago that i asked someone to show us how to do, will that tutorial still work the same in the new skin editor?

Thanks for your replies,

John G.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
g8dhe

thomas wrote:
g8dhe wrote:
But having stability problems when remapping equ's to various sizes / compressions, it seems to crash every time when clicking the "Create All" and it gets to the second remap to equ (Thumbnail, Flash and MOV come first), but creating each output manually it only crashes on odd occasions, no particular pattern that I can identify yet. Will report back later if anything becomes obvious. If it helps I can upload the project file ?
I have run some test but could not produce a single crash. Can you upload the file?
Yes indeed attached to this reply, if you need the image and/or the template shout.

Just confirmed same problem with beta7a, creates and remaps the thumbnail - OK, creates and remaps SWF - OK, creates and remaps MOV -OK, creates remaps the large ($n.l.jpg), starts creating medium sized ($n.m.jpg) remaps, but then crashed just after closing the remap window :-(
Attachments
SH.p2vr
(6.21 KiB) Downloaded 595 times
Geoff - G8DHE
ImageSpherical Visions
thomas
Chief Gnome

g8dhe wrote: Yes indeed attached to this reply, if you need the image and/or the template shout.

Just confirmed same problem with beta7a, creates and remaps the thumbnail - OK, creates and remaps SWF - OK, creates and remaps MOV -OK, creates remaps the large ($n.l.jpg), starts creating medium sized ($n.m.jpg) remaps, but then crashed just after closing the remap window :-(
hmm... I can not reproduce the error. Can you please send me the complete package (image, templates...). What OS are you using? Which CPU? How much RAM?
MfG, Thomas
Peter Stephens

thomas wrote:Any ideas at which operations? I never managed to crash it but I have a certain way of doing things... and maybe never test the sequence that your are using. It would really help if you can find a pattern when it crashes.
Can't find a pattern when it crashes, I've used it a few time since I posted last and it's been ok. Will keep an eye on it, if it crashes again will let you know.

Couple other things....

The hotspot creater allways crashes for me, any ideas on this one ? I haven't yet managed to get it to work.

My system: P4 3.6HT with 2GB Ram running Win XP

And here's an odd one - http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/360_pano/v ... sk_odd.swf The buttons all try to go left aswell as the function they are performing. So when you click to go up it goes left aswell. Whats happening here, can't see anything wrong that I am doing? Works ok on the other toolbars.

Cheers,
thomas
Chief Gnome

Sphereworks wrote: And here's an odd one - http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/360_pano/v ... sk_odd.swf The buttons all try to go left aswell as the function they are performing. So when you click to go up it goes left aswell. Whats happening here, can't see anything wrong that I am doing? Works ok on the other toolbars.
This is a known issues with >=beta7 because of the new action model and the anchoring trick. There is no automatic way to solve this so you need to make changes in the skin editor (or download the fixed version). Here you can find a short video showing the solution for your own skins and here you can find a new version of the skin, also with a meter instead of a loading bar.
MfG, Thomas
g8dhe

thomas wrote:
g8dhe wrote: Yes indeed attached to this reply, if you need the image and/or the template shout.

hmm... I can not reproduce the error. Can you please send me the complete package (image, templates...). What OS are you using? Which CPU? How much RAM?
Hi Thomas,
Sorry for the delay been out and about for a few days.
OK did a bit more digging, it appears to be associated with 16bit (Tiff) files, I can switch an image from 8bit where it works quite happily, to 16bit where it will crash every time, the files I'm working on are about 200MBytes in size. Having the HTML/XML template on/off makes no difference, but when running thru the sequence of 6 remapped files it will cause it to crash, doing them separately will sometimes cause it to crash.
For reference the OS is XP Pro, 4GByte memory fitted /3GB switch set to on at boot (3.25GB memory displayed), the CPU is a Quad core Q6600.
If you want a file it crashes on then it can be downloaded using this link http://www.g8dhe.net/SP.tif
Geoff - G8DHE
ImageSpherical Visions
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ok, I found the bug. This should work again with the next version.
MfG, Thomas
Peter Stephens

Mine crashed again yesterday while using the 'Undo' function within the toolbar editor - can't give much more info than that I'm afraid. Still can't get the hot-spot creator to work ??

I must say though, this software is superb !! Thanks ! I've added some of the toolbar new features to my current image of the month pix on my site - http://www.sphereworks.co.uk/iotm_st_ives.php

Cheers,

Pete
thomas
Chief Gnome

Sphereworks wrote:Mine crashed again yesterday while using the 'Undo' function within the toolbar editor - can't give much more info than that I'm afraid.
Ohh....
Still can't get the hot-spot creator to work ??
I hope this is now fixed with 2.0.
MfG, Thomas