Pano2VR beta7 release

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hopki wrote: Also the skin editor keeps opening very large, the windows, maximise, minimise and exit buttons are hardly visible, off screen. I have a 19in monitor with screen res 1280x1024. The window minimise button on the skin editor does not work, should it?
It should keep the size and position of the last usage.
While I’m at it what’s the container for, and how do I use it?
Its just an invisible helper to anchor, move, scale, and change alpha for several elements. You can also trigger actions for the whole group (e.g. scale the whole toolbar).
I must admit I am having lots of fun with this; you have done a fantastic job with all the new functions, 10 out of 10 for the “move to default view, very slick.
Thanks for all your hard work; I know it must be a bit disheartening when you get lots of negative feedback, but keep it up, fantastic. :D
Thanks for the heads up!
Just to let you know, it crashes every time I add an image to the editor and then move it around with the arrowed keys on my keyboard to position it. I get the message “Pano2VR-Panoramic Image Converter has stopped working”
I am useing Windows Vista Home Premium ver. 6.0.6001 service pack 1 Build 6001.

Does it happen immediately or after some time (about 100 steps in total, because then I know the source...)? If it's not that, can you describe the exact steps? How did you add the image? From Clipboard? Drag & Drop? Add Image in the menu? Add Image in the tool bar? Where are you selecting the element? I played around for a while but I can not produce the error (except if the undo buffer is full, and this happens after 100 steps. This will be fixed soon).
MfG, Thomas
Wim.Koornneef

k.ary.n wrote:I hope to get a tutorial pounded out as soon as possible!
Thanks for the update, I am looking forward to it.

Best,

Wim
Markus

With the new release, it is now also possible to change the hotspot icon when you add hotspots via the XML option?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
I will answer your questions in order:

“It should keep the size and position of the last usage.”
No, it keeps opening full and off the screen every time regardless of how I last left it.
Also with regards to the minimise button, should it work?

“Does it happen immediately or after some time (about 100 steps in total, because then I know the source...)?”
I would say about 100, or nears as dam, it yes.

“Thanks for the heads up!”
You deserve every word

all the best Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
I have noticed that the return to view feature once clicked returns the view smoothly, which is way cool. However the CPU usage goes’s through roof until you click the screen.

Test, set auto rotate going, click button to return to default view, the auto rotate does not restart.
CPU working very hard, tying to leap out of my PC. Click screen, CPU chills out and after set time auto rotate carries on going.
Conclusion: something hanging.

What do you think :D

Cheers Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
hum@no.id

Forgive me, for nano question: There is possibility to add choice of fixed size for OpenGL preview window?

ex. OpenGL window size - 600x350 etc.

It's not comfortable for very exact startup viewing on custom geometry window...
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
visual360media

thomas wrote:
John Goulding wrote:Looks good so far but we need tutorials with all these added features..

I am gettin message when using the thumbnail feature, when i add background colour it says
something about alpha channel at 'o' so will be transparent, any ideas?
It says 0 (=zero). You need to change the alpha channel (=opacity) to a higher value for example 255 to get a fully opaque color.

Thanks for the answer, I can see the setting now, but now my question is, should it not default to 255 ?
I dont usually need to edit this in other packages.
If someone chooses a colour they need the background they chose not a transparent one so the alpha i would of thought should be 255.

Great job with the new software keep it up. Looking forward to the tutorials.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
g8dhe

Hi Thomas,
Seems to have cured the problems when creating additional HTML/XML files.
But having stability problems when remapping equ's to various sizes / compressions, it seems to crash every time when clicking the "Create All" and it gets to the second remap to equ (Thumbnail, Flash and MOV come first), but creating each output manually it only crashes on odd occasions, no particular pattern that I can identify yet. Will report back later if anything becomes obvious. If it helps I can upload the project file ?

Many thanks for the work so far!

Added - Just noted that the crash occurs whilst creating the output file itself according to the pop window.
Geoff - G8DHE
ImageSpherical Visions
grafgarf

high thomas ....

very good work!! ... thx for solving the unload/memory-problem ...

greetings from essen, germany

garf
FFHamilton

The Last 2 releases have caused problems with my virtual tours. For some reason when I create the pano, it will not longer auto rotate unless I hover my mouse over the image. This was not the case 2 versions ago and now I've upgraded and have no recourse to go back. Is there something I'm missing... and can you send me a link to an older version as I use this software several times a day for real estate virtual tours and in it's current condition this will not work. Here's is an example

http://www.virtualgta.com/MikeOreilly/1 ... tchen.html

Here is an older tour that works

http://www.virtualgta.com/PeterOddi/13F ... index.html

Auto rotate is turned on, here is a screen capture of my settings

I found an old version of the software on my Imac and here is a link to what the tour should look like

http://www.virtualgta.com/MikeOreilly/1 ... index.html

Thomas - can you send me another copy of the pano2vr a couple versions ago? I really need this on my Macbook Pro so I can edit on the road!!!

Ryan
Bibo07

Ryan,
uncheck " Only in Focus "
Then it should work.
Birger B.
FFHamilton

THAT DID IT! I'm so happy it was my fault and not the software.

Awesome!!!
Peter Stephens

Hi, just downloaded the beta7 release. The toolbar editor has crashed a couple times which is frustrating. :( Any ideas ? Also there was talk about being able to adjust the speed of the directional buttons as they are quite slow at the moment. Another one was tooltips when hovering over the buttons - it was said that these features would be avalible in future vertions. I have a couple clients asking me about it at the moment, any idea when and if these features might be avaliable? I apolgise if they are there, I shall have another look - hopefully it wont crash this time.

Cheers,
Peter Stephens

sorry, think I've found the speed thing !! :D
thomas
Chief Gnome

Sphereworks wrote:Hi, just downloaded the beta7 release. The tool bar editor has crashed a couple times which is frustrating. :( Any ideas ?
Any ideas at which operations? I never managed to crash it but I have a certain way of doing things... and maybe never test the sequence that your are using. It would really help if you can find a pattern when it crashes.
Another one was tool tips when hovering over the buttons - it was said that these features would be available in future versions.
You can already do it, but you have to define it yourself. Add a text field with your tool tip text. Set the field as invisible (= uncheck visible) and give it a meaningful id. Then add two actions to the button you like to have the tool tip. Fist action: "Mouse enter" - "Show element" - target is your tool tip id. Second action: "Mouse leave" - Hide element" - target again the tool tip id. Sure it is not extremely comfortable but very flexible because you can design them the way you like. You can even use images and scale them in or change the alpha. As an attachment you can see a quick example for a text and image tool tip.
Attachments
controller_new_tooltip.ggsk
(144.69 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
MfG, Thomas