Pano2VR 5.1 beta and skin editor 360 vr video

Q&A about the latest versions
pLuz

Hi!

Finnaly, straighfoward video implentation.
When in using skin editor, and adding a video there, it will also accept VR video, or just "flat" video?
I know that I can add 360 VR video as a panorama in the main window, but in the skin editor I can also add 360 VR video?

What I'm trying to do is to place a 360 Video on the screen, but in a fixed size, not full screen, and from what I can understand the only way to do it is using the skin editor.

Afraid of updating my copy of pano2vr 5.0.3 to 5.1 beta1

pedro
Hopki
Gnome

Hi pedro,
Don't upgrade 5.0, go to the website and download 5.1 and then install to a different directory.

The video popups are for MP4 flat videos.
That said you can use a text box with an iframe to display 360 video.

Something like:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="pano.html" width="800px" height="600px" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" frameborder= "0" ></iframe>
This iframe has the fullscreen API but I would not use fullscreen in a popup, if you want fullscreen then you may as well have a hotspot linking to a 360 video node rather than having a popup.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
pLuz

Thanks for the info regarding pano2vr 5 beta and the code
Really don't know what it's an iframe, but I will try to figure it out.

pedro
Hopki
Gnome

Hi pedro,
In short an iframe is a string of code that lets you embed an HTML page from a different location in to another.
You can use this code in a Skins Text box to do the same thing.
So if you made a 360 video and uploaded to your server this would be displayed in an HTML page.
Using an iFrame you can embed that HTML page in another pano.
You can even use an iframe to embed a web page, so example a page that has a buy now button to sell items in a 360 shop.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/