5.1 beta output is using different tile-folder-names

Q&A about the latest versions
skyfocus

Hi,

I've tried to use Pano2VR 5.1 beta again but I'm forced to go back to 5.0.3.

I'm working on a dozen of tours right now and every now and then a customer wants to change a tiny bit on his tour.
This morning I wanted to correct a little typo in one of the tours and I hit the re-generate button. To my surprise that took ages ! Not the time I'm used
to wait for e re-generation. I noted it was completely re-building all images again, that took about 1,5 hour on this particular tour.
When I looked closer to the output 'tiles' directory I saw it was outputting the images to new differently named folders.

In pano2VR <= 5.0.3 it puts the images in a folder-name that looks like the name beneath the nodes in the Tour Browser aka the name of the image.
Now in pano2VR 5.1 beta it is outputting it to the folder-names that seams to be the node-id's .... in my case these are 9 out of 10 two different names.
(one reason is that I could not use the '-' sign in the node-ID as I mentioned in a earlier post, it breaks the Google maps part)

Is it possible to make a selection in the setup to choose between those two naming schedules ? Or even better switch back to the image-name folder style because
these names make more sense, the node-names are not (normally) editable and I need a cross-ref-table to find the right folder for each image.

I'm wondering why there are two names for each node anyway, why is it that the node-name =! image-name ..... it would make creating bigger complex tours much easier.

regards,

Arjan
Windows 10 Pro x64, Pano2VR pro V6.1.13 , Browser latest Firefox
jare

Strange, I'm currently working on three tours that were set up with 5.0.3, then re-generated with the new 5.1b and I see no changes at all in folder hierarchy.
skyfocus

I've justed tested it again with a tour that I've made with pano2VR 5.1 beta, when re-building it again in 5.0.3 it regenerate all images with the image name instead off the node-name in 5.1b.

Are you on Windows or Apple ?

Regards,

Arjan
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello Arjan,

we changed the default settings for tile names for new projects to tiles/$y/cf_%c/l_%l/c_%x/tile_%y.jpg but on old projects created with < Pano2VR 5.1 it should keep tiles/$n/cf_%c/l_%l/c_%x/tile_%y.jpg as the setting, so normally it should not regenerate the output tiles.

We changed this to avoid problems with special characters, as everything non ASCII creates headaches with URL encodings on different web servers etc.

If you want to use the old way, you can create a output template where you use the old tile string in the advanced settings and just use this template instead of the default HTML5 output.
MfG, Thomas
skyfocus

thomas wrote:Hello Arjan,

we changed the default settings for tile names for new projects to tiles/$y/cf_%c/l_%l/c_%x/tile_%y.jpg but on old projects created with < Pano2VR 5.1 it should keep tiles/$n/cf_%c/l_%l/c_%x/tile_%y.jpg as the setting, so normally it should not regenerate the output tiles.

We changed this to avoid problems with special characters, as everything non ASCII creates headaches with URL encodings on different web servers etc.

If you want to use the old way, you can create a output template where you use the old tile string in the advanced settings and just use this template instead of the default HTML5 output.
I have not installed 5.1 beta again, I will look into it when I've finished the time critical tours I'm working on. But as I understand it correctly this should not be a problem with old config files made with Pano2VR < 5.1 ?
Because that is not wat I saw. I've loaded a 5.0.3 tour with 5.1 ... changed nothing and when hitting 'generate' it wants to regenerate all tiles again in folders named like the node-names !?

Regards,

Arjan