Pano2VR crashes while trying to extract normal photo from panorama

Q&A about the latest versions
skyfocus

Hi,

I've tried this on two different machines, both high end Windows Pro x64 10 machines with 12Gb memory and with Pano2VR 5.03 installed(did not try older versions).
The problem is that pano2VR crashes while entering the amount off pixels in the dialog.

What I want to do is extracting normal view photo's from some panorama pictures in the tour. I create an extra output "Add Output" and select "Transformation" within the Translation section I select
for Type "Rectilinear" .... Now when typing in the pixel window for image size when entering a too low or too high number (by accident or while deleting numbers) I get a Panoramic Convertor is not functioning anymore window and I can only close pano2VR.

I also walked into another problem with this feature. When I actually manage to put in a correct value without crashing Pano2VR, adding $n.jpg into the output field to have the name off the image in the output images (like it used to work in pano2VR v4) all pictures are snapped with the same angel and FOV. I would like to have these cutouts set individually per panorama photo and saveable in the config file. When changing the panorama these cutouts should also be renewed.
When I want to have different cutouts in 20 photo's I have to do this 20 times !

Regards,

Arjan
Windows 10 Pro x64, Pano2VR pro V6.1.13 , Browser latest Firefox
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello Arjan,

this bug with entering the numbers is already fix in 5.1 but I forgot to back port it to 5.0.3 :oops:. This bug happens if the aspect ratio gets too extrem so for example 2000:1. This can happen while tying in a new number. To work around this you can copy and paste the new number in (...I know, but it's a work around).

The easiest way to export a lot of transformations is to just create a tour! Throw in all 20 images, set the default view for each image, keep "default view" selected in the transformation output, and then hit "export" for the transformation. All images will be exported, If the output file name contains a place holder. Otherwise the files would overwrite each other... In this case we just export the currently active node.
MfG, Thomas
skyfocus

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your quick response ! I think I can work with the workaround and once set I don't alter the number very much.

Is it an idea to add an exta view called something like "photo-view" or "extraction-view" and have the extraction tool use this view in stead of the default-view. I use the default view a lot and they are 9 out of 10 not the
view I want the extracted photo's to have. A checkbox to sellect the photo's which you want the extraction from would be handy also =) ....
Having this info in the config file will help regenerating the extracted foto's at the same time when altering the panorama's with for instance patches or updates ...

regards,

Arjan
Windows 10 Pro x64, Pano2VR pro V6.1.13 , Browser latest Firefox