How to add Hotspot?

Q&A about the latest versions
aryana1191

could anyone pls help me to know how to add hotspot using pano2vr.I m new to use this
software tried to work with modify hotspot properties no luck. what I would have to put in url and target value. is there any tutorilas on this?
please help me. please ....
A J
360Texas

Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
aryana1191

I visited that page could not really find the answer. on the tutorials I found they link hotspot with url. I don't want to do that. I want to link two or more than two .mov or swf file. they got some example in park tour. but did no really show how they link hotspot. please help me

AJ
thomas
Chief Gnome

If you like to do something like the tour example you need for the moment Flash 8 or Flash 9. The source code is posted right near that example. If you want to do it without Flash you need to load html pages, for example into an iframe.
MfG, Thomas
aryana1191

thanks for ur reply. I m not sure I understand. Could you pls bother urself to explain me again.I can't find the source code. I want to add hotspot using pano2vr how do i do that
using flash output or quicktime whatever. please help me ...
thomas
Chief Gnome

Have you seen the getting started tutorial? There is a small segment on adding hotspots.
MfG, Thomas
aryana1191

Yes thomas I have watch that. as they show in the tutorials hotspot with a url link that doesn't help me.I want to link with another video. basically
I need to create a tour in my house where I got panorama for each room( the swf file and mov file) and I want to link them up so that I can go from one panorama to another panorama. please assist me how do I add hotspot to link them.
please help me. Your patience is appreciated. many thanks again
AJ
360Texas

create a hot spot that links to another [url page] http://yourdomain/filename.htm where filename.htm contains the code that starts your flash.swf or qtvr.mov movies.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
aryana1191

many thanks. that means I have to upload it on server to get url linked in the hotspot. is there no other way to link
vidios in hotspot?
thanks for your co-operation.
AJ
thomas
Chief Gnome

No, you don't need a server. Just use relative urls link pano1.html, pano2.html etc. and this should work fine locally/on a CD.
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

When possible will, make simple links - pano.swf via other SWF pano???

e.g. URL: pano.swf / Traget: ----

It's difficult?
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
thomas
Chief Gnome

hum@no.id wrote:When possible will, make simple links - pano.swf via other SWF pano???

e.g. URL: pano.swf / Traget: ----

It's difficult?
Unfortunately yes, because you can not do this (as far as I know) in Flash. You need to have a container for this and I plan to have a solution at some point...
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

Why? This release one idle time by script

Code: Select all

loadMovie("second_pano.swf");
Flash (OCX or standalone player framework) - change first move to second move...

Or there really other notions?

Please, see small example (into ZIP 2 swf files)
ps. run files on any 'root' position
Attachments
pack.zip
two HS flash exemple
(390.27 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
thomas
Chief Gnome

The problem is that (beside of no loadMovie function in Fash 9) that the first pano stays in memory and the second panorama is child of the first one. So if you load the third, forth or hundredth you have a lot of objects in memory that are all children of the previous panorama. This long chain will slow down the rendering over time. As far as I know the only solution is to have a main container that is the parent of all panoramas and this container can kick the children if they are not need anymore.
MfG, Thomas
big K

hi,
this is my first entry here. first of all: great software !
I want to link two or more than two .mov or swf file.
If you like to do something like the tour example you need for the moment Flash 8 or Flash 9. The source code is posted right near that example. If you want to do it without Flash you need to load html pages, for example into an iframe.
now to this. i have managed to link several qt .movs within the quicktimeplayer. don´t know if this is what is intended.
if you use "myself" as target and in the URL just the name.mov, the new panorama opens within the player. this works without http.

cheers
michael