Android VR / HYD viewing

Q&A about the latest versions
stalwart

when looking at VR content on my S7, either remotely or locally, if I tilt / pan up in my Cardboard what seems to be just above the horizon, Firefox flips the view upside-down...

Any way around / disabling this?

Stu
Bostjan

That was the issue about 10 months ago and it was fixed, I am with the latest pro version of Pano2VR and works fine... e.g...: here it is the test url for VR 360°3Dstereo: http://www.burger.si/test/stereo/skocja ... me/sj.html
stalwart

Ah, was this the fix then?: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10721 as I'm running v. 5.0.2

I've not done this as had originally downloaded and installed the additional Cardboard files from day one.....

Stu
stalwart

actually, looking at Pano2VR now, I am running the latest version with the updated "cardboard.ggsk" and HTML template "cardboard.ggt".

This is my latest creation using v.5 displaying the problem (only "flipping / inverting" in Android, iOS is fine):

http://www.360imagery.co.uk/vr1/vr.html

Stu
stalwart

Bostjan wrote:That was the issue about 10 months ago and it was fixed, I am with the latest pro version of Pano2VR and works fine... e.g...: here it is the test url for VR 360°3Dstereo: http://www.burger.si/test/stereo/skocja ... me/sj.html
Hi Bostan,

You're example is flipping / inverting on my S7 too (running Firefox 49.0)

Stu
Bostjan

Will install the Firefox on Galaxy to check it. I use Firefox only on deskop OSs.
Bostjan

I have installed Firefox 49.0 on Samsung Galaxy 6 with latest Marshmallow update. The stereo pair display fluently. I have opened your link and it works fine without flipping too.
Boothy

Hi Stalwart

I am running Firefox on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the tour still flips On VR tours.

This is a known registered issue with the developers and Hopki suggests it down to be be fixed in the next (hopefully soon) upcoming 5.1 version of Pano2vr. Its been an unattended issue for a very long while.

If you look at the title in the current Gyro script it clearly states that it was originally a Krpano IOS port so this may be why it works OK on ios. I have tweaked the Roll command in the gyro script in the past which did for a while work but Firefox must have tweaked things since and this no longer is the case. I do not know why, that is well above my skill set.

But this is definitely still an issue.

Relevant Threads

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10725&hilit=android+glitches

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10830

Best Wishes

Boothy
Bostjan

Just to say that yesterday the VR ran fine with Firefox.... today I tried again and, yes the problem was there.
thomas
Chief Gnome

I have looked into this, and I implemented a work around for this issue. Please replace the pano2vrgyro.js script with attached file.
pano2vrgyro.js
(7.93 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
This should solve this issue.
MfG, Thomas
Bostjan

Boothy

Hi Thomas

This seems to work on all of my VR tours I have tried on my galaxy Note 3 and Android Firefox, no more flipping yippee !

I will report back if I have any problems

Thank you very much :)

Boothy