Polygon hotspot - Link Target Type - Popup image

Q&A about the latest versions
Arnie

I want to use the polygon hotspot to open a image popup images like it is possible to do with the point hotspot. But in the polygon hotspot properties in the dropdown menu for Link Target type is only tour node and URL.
How can I add the image popup function to the polygon hotspots?

Thank you
Arnie
Carolyn

Arnie,

Curious as to why the point hotspot won't do, since it works? What advantage are you looking for with the polygon hotspot?

C
Arnie

Hi Carolyn,
I using the virtual Tours for bridge inspection reports. I using the hotspots to show location of defects and with t a click you can see the image. But some times a defect is stretched over a larger area for example corrosion of metal beams and the use of the polygon hotspot is perfect for it!
Carolyn

Makes sense - it would make setting thing up very easy for you.

Maybe someone else will step in with info on how you can do that, but I see the polygon hotspots more as doors.

The only solution I can think of at the moment is to manually make images the shape you need, add them in as images for the point hotspots, lowering their transparences so that they look like polygon hotspots.

I'd be interesting hearing any other solutions you come up with.

Best,
C
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Arnie,
You would use hotspot proxy id's.
Example: start a new project with an image.
Switch to poly hotspot viewer mode. Add your poly but make a note of the ID, the default would be Poly01 for the first however you can change this.
Now open the skin editor and add a rectangle to the skin.
Deselect visible and then under the advanced tab add Poly01 to the Hotspot Proxy ID.
Then give it the action mouse click toggle visibility.

The posy id makes a link between the poly and the rectangle, when you click the poly you also activate the click in the rectangle. Of course this does not have to be a rectangle.
It can be an image or other skin element.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Arnie

Hi Hopki,
A project can easily have up to 300 hotspots used for popup images and the way you can add hotspots in Pano2VR5Pro is absolutely great!!!!
If I could use the Polygon hotspots the same and easy way to open popup images it would make the VR tour even better allowing me to mark large areas of defect than just a point.
What I was hoping, and it seems it is more like a feature request for a future version of Pano2VR is to have the same user interface for adding polygon hotspots as we have now for the point hotspots. Only thing missing in the polygon hotspot property window is the the link target types Info and Images and the Skin-ID input box to define a specific polygon hotspot template from the skin.

Arnie
Arnie

Hi Hopki,
Do you think it could be possible to have the same managing properties for the polygon hotspots as Pano2vr Pro has for the point hotspots? Do I have to start a feature request post for this? Please let me know as I really would like to have this feature.

Thank you
Arnie
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Arnie,
I have added this as a feature request.
However with some manual work you can sort of do this now.
Add your image to the images folder, example popup.jpg.
Add the image popup to the skin, copy the actions in the hotspot template, ht_image.
Add a container to the skin and paste in the actions. You can now delete the ht_image element from the skin.
In the set value action change the placeholder to $r$ht.
Under the advanced properties your looking for Hotspot Proxy ID, add say popup to the text box.

Add your poly hotspot, give it a title and make sure its set for URL.
In the Target, not Link Target URL, add: images/popup.jpg as per the example.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/