Fullscreen issues on Ipad

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
GoodReader was a good solution but over the different updates it has proven not to be consistent.
On my iPad and when at exhibitions and shows I use iBooks.
When you open a Pano or Object for that matter you get a close button in the top left but other then that its edge to edge fullscreen.
This is my preferred way on the iPad.

Android devices I use a desktop app called Android feel transfer, then I copy the tours directly to the tablet/phone.
Using a file manager such as File Manager free from the play store, you can navigate to the folder and open the HTML page.
The first time you do this you are asked which browser you will use to open the file.
If your project has a fullscreen button this works and again you get edge to edge fullscreen.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JPS

I downloaded Firefox and Chrome for iPad and didn't notice any change ! No way to get REAL full screen spherical panorama, be it stocked in the iPad or on an "exterior" site !

...but -just to prove that one can get full screen- I used Messenger for iPad to have a video chat with a friend yesterday and noticed that the whole screen was used !

Strange....
Last edited by JPS on Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JPS

Hopki wrote:Hi Guys,
GoodReader was a good solution but over the different updates it has proven not to be consistent.
On my iPad and when at exhibitions and shows I use iBooks.
When you open a Pano or Object for that matter you get a close button in the top left but other then that its edge to edge fullscreen.
This is my preferred way on the iPad.
Great news !!

Now, what's the process to upload/view spherical panoramas in iBooks ?

:?:
360Texas

I think he mentioned
Android devices I use a desktop app called Android feel transfer, (EDIT Read as "File" transfer) then I copy the tours directly to the tablet/phone.

Using a file manager such as File Manager free from the play store, you can navigate to the folder and open the HTML page.
The first time you do this you are asked which browser you will use to open the file.

If your project has a fullscreen button this works and again you get edge to edge fullscreen.
On a PC we just use a USB cable to connect our andriod smartphone to our PC USB port.
Then the smartphone works like another DRIVE. We use Win10 File Explorer to copy files directly to the smartphones internal storage or to its 64gb additional card storage.
Once the files are on our samsung galaxy s7 smartphone.
Then we use Samsung app called "My Files" to create new folders and move files around.

Samsung's MyFiles App works just like Win10's Files Explorer. Both can see the smartphone storage as just another drive.
Which might be like Apple "Finder" app. Not sure if Finder can see and read/write to devices memory drive storage
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Carolyn

I gave up on using panopress for vrs on my blog - too many issues kept arising, particularly when trying to address multiple browsers. Now I just set an image that when clicked launches a fullscreen vr on a separate page. I've never had an issue with bands on my iPad 3 or any other iOS device I've tried.

In case this is helpful, here is an example:
http://www.visitingnovascotia.com/?p=6110