Feature request

Q&A about the latest versions
sparrow

Hi guys

Love Pano2VR and think the following would help make it even better. Wasn't sure where to suggest features.

1. Multiple nadir patch

Some of my 360s require multiple nadirs. At the moment there's no simple way to do this in Pano2VR

To give you an example, my latest 360 photo requires following:

- the 360 for the client's site with their logo on the nadir patch
- the 360 for my own site site with my logo on the nadir patch
- the 360 for google maps with a different logo on the nadir patch

To achieve this, I have to import each patch, export the project and ensure I don't overwrite the same project with the different patch.

I feel the workflow could be greatly improved here within Pano2VR.

I wonder if the choice of patches could be somehow cherry picked within a single project. IE I could point Pano2VR at my three patches, import and position them and then have a radio box next to each which determines the patch which gets output.

2. Export different size equi images

Again, I have a requirement to export a project at multiple sized equirectangular sizes.
Google Maps takes a max 8000 width image.
Facebook takes 6000 width
My own site takes max width available.

I can only seem to achieve this by choosing 'convert input' and exporting this way but there are no size definitions available.

It'd be great if you could consider both of these to simplify my workflow.
sparrow

Update: Just realised I can achieve number 2 with the Transformation panel. :)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi sparrow,
You can swop patches easy enough.
The bast way to do this is extract a patch, this will put it in its own folder called patches.

Open it up and make copies, one copy for each logo required.
Open each patch in Photoshop and add the logos.

Back in Pano2VR select the patch viewer mode and under, File select whichever patch you want to use for the export.

You can also add the Pan/Tilt/Roll/FoV to the patches file name if you want to be able to add it to a different project with the same image.
To do this open Pano2VR Settings/Preferences.

Select the File tab and under Patches add the placeholder: $c to the file path, example $d/patches/$n_patch$c.
All new patches will have a file path which will include its location in the pano.

Example: xxxxxxxxx_patch_p92_98_t-61_06_r0_f35.p
The above has Pan 92.98, Tilt -61.06, Roll 0 and FoV 35.

You can now start a new project add the panorama image and use the file name to line up the patch exactly within the pano.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/