Using Flash panos in Adobe Animate project

Q&A about the latest versions
AGilkes

Has anyone else experienced an issue when incorporating their panorama swf files into an Adobe Animate (Flash) project?

I am developing an Air for Desktop project on mac using Adobe Animate for release on PC in an exhibition environment.

My project requires access to 5 panoramas from a menu. I am loading and closing the panos as per the guidelines here: http://ggnome.com/wiki/Flash_API_(Pano2VR), however after accessing the panoramas 5, 6, 7 times, the program either crashes (by first coming out of full screen mode to window mode) or not loading the panorama image but loading some elements of the skin.

I have checked that the actionscript I use in relation to the panoramas is weakly referenced and removed, and also checked that any instances I add are removed when I remove the panoramas. I'm wondering if there is maybe something in the script of the panorama swfs themselves that is not being cleared properly?

I tried loading html files that link to the swfs with better results but I would prefer not to add an extra layer.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.
360Texas

Just guessing:
does PanoVR maintain a 'Cache or Temp file' folder. Maybe you exceeded Cache memory spooled RAM available on your computer or video card RAM.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
AGilkes

I don't know - didn't see any mention of that in the guidelines for interacting with the swf exports. The problem does seem to be memory related though.