convert tiles back to cube faces

Q&A about the latest versions
tksharpless

Does P2VR have a function to convert a tile set back to full resolution cube faces?
ArkiTonio

No, but many programs exist that do the job: one of them could be Picture Merge Genius (only for Windows, I think); give it a try.
Bye
ArkiTonio
360Texas

Does P2VR have a function to convert a tile set back to full resolution cube faces?
Or do you mean convert a tile set back to a full resolution equirectangle image ? Answer is yes.
Then from the full dimension equirectangle image its up to you to make further image conversions.

After all Pano2vr is a IMAGE CONVERSION program.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
tksharpless

Dave, could you please elaborate on your answer? "yes" is not executable.
360Texas

Or do you mean convert a tile set back to a full resolution equirectangle image ? Answer is yes.

Then from the full dimension equirectangle image its up to you to make further image conversions.
Certainly:
1. You start with a full Equirectangle 2:1 ratio image like dimension 6000 x 3000 image.
Convert to Cube face tile set (you specify the cube face size) numbered 0,1,2,3,4,5
Then I would photoshop in a nadir (tile #5 bottom) a tripod cap graphic to cover the tripod
Then Convert back to full Equirectangle 2:1 ratio image like dimension 6000 wide image.

2. Then if you forgot to add more graphics to a cube face tile... like paste a Garden Gnome Software "GNOME" in tile #2
Convert to Cube face tile set (you specify the cube face size) numbered 0,1,2,3,4,5
Photoshop cube face tile #2 with a Gnome image
Then Convert back to full Equirectangle 2:1 ratio image like dimension 6000 wide image.

Hope this helps
Repeat 'Wash and Rinse'
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Howard

I am under the impression the the original question refers to image tiles from the multi resolution exported VR, not the cubical projection. I had a similar question last week, which Hopki answered for me:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11156
The workflow I used requires access to the deployed panorama's "tiles" folder.

1. Isolate the best resolution tiles for each of six cubes in separate folders. This will be titled "c0_l0_0_0.jpg (and etc.); c1_l0_0_0.jpg (and etc.); C2_l0_0_0.jpg (and etc.); C3_l0_0_0.jpg (and etc.); C4_l0_0_0.jpg (and etc.); C5_l0_0_0.jpg (and etc.). You can delete all the smaller sized tiles (e.g. c0_l1_0_0.jpg), you only need the level 0 tiles.

2. Using Bridge, select all the tiles in the "c0_..." folder. From the "Tools" menu: "Photoshop > Load files into Photoshop layers..."

3. Canvas size (anchor upper left) > expand size to (in my case) 2410 x 2410.

4. With "snapping" on, drag each successive image lay to its correct position. This goes fairly quickly, thankfully.

5. Repeat for each of the remaining five folders of tiles. You will then have assembled all six cubes. Flatten these into single layer images (.tif or .psd).

6. Use Pano2VR to transform the six restored cubes into the original equirectangular image.

This routine will work, although the resultant equirectangular image, being assembled from the jpg tiles, will not have the image quality of the original file, presuming it was a .tif files or another non-lossy compression format.
imme

Hi
This solution is good for smaller files. But I have to render a 4 gigapixel of equirect from tiles :?