Samsung Gear 360 camera

Q&A about the latest versions
Hrvoje

Hello

I'm looking for a way to offer my customers cheaper variant for 360 pano, mostly for private accommodation and real estate where I need to do bulk shooting.
Atm I'm still doing panos in more traditional way by using Oly E-620 with ZD 8mm Fisheye and NodalNinja pano head. I tilt camera 15 degrees towards bottom.
But taking 7 images: 6 around and one for the sky, than converting em, stitching em, patching bottom nadir if necessary in PhotoShop - takes a a lot of time to do it.
Especially if I'm doing many panos where repeating all this tasks became a boring job.
And many potential clients are passing my offer.
But if it could be possible to do one click panos in reasonable quality, I could lover the price and get and do more work.
Until recently, my possible favorite for that was Iris360: https://www.nctechimaging.com/iris360, because of auto stitching and dark/light areas auto balancing, but its HUGE nadir gap doesn't make it suitable for intended purpose - do cheaper pano(s) without post-processing, except maybe resizing final image.
I also saw this Samsung Gear but all I can see online is 360 videos but I'm interested only in still pano images.
So:
- Do you have some examples with still pano images done with SamsungGear camera?
- Or maybe know for some other cameras with similar quality and price tag?

Thanks,
Regards
skyfocus

I think the best quality pano's are still the ones shot with a cropped-frame DSLR on a panorama rig shooting 5 to 6 pano's with a fisheye lens.
All one shot panorama camera's are not so good quality, nice for private use but not for selling to your customers.
Windows 10 Pro x64, Pano2VR pro V6.1.13 , Browser latest Firefox
Svendus

There was an earth crake i Japan that is why Nikon are delayed with there Camera
it will do with two images if you have a Nikkor 7.5 mm fisheye lens
i think Nikon can make a Camera for our needs
Image Image
Hrvoje

skyfocus wrote:I think the best quality pano's are still the ones shot with a cropped-frame DSLR on a panorama rig shooting 5 to 6 pano's with a fisheye lens.
All one shot panorama camera's are not so good quality, nice for private use but not for selling to your customers.
True that, but I'd like to be able to offer em cheaper alternative (read: lower quality) as well,
because some of possible clients doesn't wont to pay for best quality and they would be satisfied with lowerQ panos.

I already created a lot of (Joomla) websites for private accommodation owners, so I did a research :wink:
Market is there for one-shoot panos, I just need to choose best bang for buck.

Few years ago I've tested one of spherical mirror lens for taking similar panos, but results was catastrophic compared with traditional DSLR + Fish eye setup.
Best results are accomplished with FullFrame DSL-s paired with ultra wide lenses but trade off is need for many photos and post-processing,
than with regular DSLR with fish eye lenses and than with everything else.

My goal is to get something which makes reasonable quality photos with as less as possible need for manual work.
Holy Grail for my intention is to get flying orb which knows where to take a shoot, create panorama, corrects all possible lighting mistakes
and finally uploads it on web. Maybe if it could also be able to create a nice cup of coffee while doing all of that :)

Regards
Nougatti

Hi,

I use the Samsung Gear for trying out shots or to give a possible customer a feel of what a tour could like before I actually spend time on doing it properly.
Take a look at http://holodeck.graphics/tours/watou2016 to get an idea of the picture quality.

Rgrds
Svendus

When You Make a Google Maps Step inside

You Shoot one panorama 4000x8000 one meter in between, indoor and one Panorama every 3 meters outdoor

doing that with a DSLR stitching in PTGui PRO and resizing it are a bit troublesome.
Image Image
Hrvoje

Nougatti wrote:Hi,
I use the Samsung Gear for trying out shots or to give a possible customer a feel of what a tour could like before I actually spend time on doing it properly.
Take a look at http://holodeck.graphics/tours/watou2016 to get an idea of the picture quality.
Rgrds
Hi
Are Panos in given url made with Samsung camera or with classic DSLR approach?
Because 1st pano seems to be in higher quality than other ones, when entering hotspots.
I also noticed that panos have sharper and blurrier areas. Does blur occurs in overlapping areas?

Is it possible to get few unprocessed outdoor photos made with camera, I'd like to see its unprocessed output.

Thanks,
Regards
Nougatti

Hi,

All panos are made with the Samsung camera and stitched on my S7. You can indeed notice some blur/color differences in the overlap between both camera images. Haven't tried yet to remove this.
Where can I upload some outdoor pictures you requested?

Rgrds
Hrvoje

Nougatti wrote:Hi,

All panos are made with the Samsung camera and stitched on my S7. You can indeed notice some blur/color differences in the overlap between both camera images. Haven't tried yet to remove this.
Where can I upload some outdoor pictures you requested?

Rgrds
Hi
PM sent, thanks :)
Hrvoje

Hi Nougatti

Thanks a lot for demo images.
Unfortunately it seems that Samsung 360 camera is not suitable for my purpose.

I had hopes that Nikon KeyMission 360 would do better job, but it also makes low quality stills:
http://nikon.keymission.com/keymission360/gallery

Regards
Svendus

Stitching ar good but Stills and Video are rather blurry
Strange rainy days motives from Nikon :mrgreen:
Image Image