Cube face size output question

Q&A about the latest versions
John Blake

I want to convert an equirectangular panorama to cube faces for the purpose of editing the nadir image.
I want to convert the cube faces with the edited nadir back to an equirectangular panorama that has the same resolution as the original equirectangular panorama.
Is their a formula to use to determine the size that cube faces need to be?

for example, I have a 9000x4500 equirectangular panorama. What size should each cube far be to meet my criteria?
Also, how do I make sure each cube face is in tiff format.
Thank you very much in advance.
John Blake
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John,
Firstly why not just use the patch tool?
You can then leave your Equirec unchanged or you can convert it with the patch added.
Please see this document.
I know this is not answering the question you asked but this is how to do this job in Pano2VR.
But if you wanted to convert to cubes, select the convert button and select cube faces under the init section.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
John Blake

Thanks Hopki
I appreciate your quick response.
After going back and forth several times between the video tutorial for the patch tool and my equirectangular pano, I accomplished the editing of the nadir that I wanted to do. I will use the patch tool from now on.
Thanks again
I will have many more pano2VR questions in the future
John
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John,
No worries glad to help.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/