Free!! New User Reference Manual Now Available

Q&A about the latest versions
KCMangan

Hi Gnomes.

Just wondering if anyone out there would like access to a PDF/Ebook user Manual for the current version?

One manual to explain all the processes at creation date with an index of questions and how to's?

Sample projects with written explanations along with video tutorials.

All code and shortcuts broken down to new user information.

Explanations of how to use each part of the component toolbox along with videos and text files.

I don't know how large the new user community is but personally I found the learning curve for custom skins lengthy, and while the information how to do everything is in the forums
it takes weeks to find it.

I've had to make my own resource file with links to forum posts and videos to check and double check forum entries that are no longer applicable.

I'm wondering if anyone else cares?

If there is any interest I'll make it a usable file with proper links/descriptions and processes.

If not , I'll post it in a basic txt file.

Let me know if anyone is in the same Limbo of forum searching as I am for professional tutorials, skins,output management etc.
And of course how the package could be made to function without scripting.

Seeming as 1 fully descriptive tutorial doesn't exist I'd love to get all new user's questions in one post and provide the links in one file,
ie
How to get started in reality
What does that $sign mean
What the hell is that code?
I want to make a pop up image in my tour, how do I do that
Why doesnt my skin work
WHy do I get a stupid box under my flash output with blank details
Does a Flash fallback even matter in 2016?
How to use the program without scripting
How to understand Script
Coding Differnces
Difference between HTML and Flash
Local host V Sending to a Client.
Why there is a difference in a file working on my machine ,but not on clients.

These are some sample questions that are covered in the current txt file.
I've seen the same questions over and over again, but as the package moves on, the answer changes.
I dont have all the answers, but wouldn't it be nice if one topic had them all rather than wasting time searching posts from 8 years ago to get answers as how to start?

I'd love to see the senior guys here re-post their first 20 issues when they started and supply the answer as regards V5.3.
Not a "whats new" collection playlist just a "how to start professionally"and get it in a text format also.

I'm proposing to put all links and answers in one file, pdf,ebook with a proper index and reference
Along with general questions that do not rely on the ninjas being online.

Just to mention I'm not going to look at this post for 14 days.But it will be interesting to see how many views it gets due to the subject value:)

Regards

K
keith@fachwen.org

Yes, I'd love to see something like this! I have found it challenging learning about skin creation too. Information is scattered all over the place, and the many tutorials, good as they are, just tell you what to do, with the actual explanation on why or what often somewhere else, so I find myself not really learning anything useful :-)

One outcome, or test if you like, of your guide could be ... enable the user write a skin for interior floor maps, with multiple floors, from scratch, i.e. without just editing one made by someone else. This would cover a lot of the skin editing features. Another could be the ability to create hotspot buttons to display nicely styled popup windows with scrollable text, video, slide shows, etc.

Pano2VR is such a good tool, it's all good apart from Skin creation, I just wish this part of the package was a bit more intuitive!

As for Flash... it's dead, get rid of anything to do with it would be my opinion! I'd be happy with just HTML 5 output.
KCMangan

Hi Keith,
Other Keith here :)
I lied, I looked sooner than I said.:)I'm actually off on holidays tomorrow :)

Lots of views but no major uptake on a manual:(
I'm surprised, due to the amount of queries......

I still need to get it together for my own us so I'll get it into pdf format when I get back

This program is hard to grasp and get into, but I see tonnes of cool stuff in here, I'm being asked to make my outputs interactive, and it ends up running up my hourly bill.
I can see the potential in all the bits included but the scripting throws me off all the time.

My current Learning curve file has about 400 links to bits you really need to know for flash or HTML, sending to a client without putting up on a server, and it all gets really confusing.
The great news is I managed to get it to the client, they followed Hopkis advice and it actually worked their end.

If you want to PM me feel free or post queries here, Make up a PDF of what you need to be done and I'll try and attack it from a different perspective.I always thought of myself as as lateral thinker, but I may have been swayed by the likes of Autodesk,Dessault and Adobe and work to their
thinking.

I visited your site for a quick drop in , looks cool, well done.
I'll go back to it in a minute to have a better look.
I decided to touch base and say hello first.

Regards

Keith
KCMangan

Forgot to mention anahums site,http://skins.360panotours.com/

I've bought a couple of his skins and they rock.
You have to be willing to learn script though..
Picking apart his files really helps, and confuses the life out of you at the same time

I know Hopki has explained a little about scripting in one of the tutorials ;I think its the nwjs offline packager one, and he copies and pastes from a site (chances are its the one to go to), its really necessary to have a look, (I'll search the text file and post if I find it)

Regards

K
Howard

What an excellent idea!

I would make it required reading for my class.

Howard
Svendus

Pressing F1 when Pano2VR5 is open starts the offline installed help
Docs » Pano2VR's Interface » Introduction to the Interface
Please give it a try
Adobe Photo Shop was not mastered i one day either
correct me if i am wrong.
Regards
Svendus
Image Image
Laurent B

Hello,
for help on Pano2VR5.
cmd + ? on mac.

Laurent
Laurent BIZIEN Photographies
MacBook Pro 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7 : Mojave 10.14.6 - 6.1 beta3b pro
Svendus

Yes and
The Linux version F1 go to the online documentation
http://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/interface/
Image Image
KCMangan

On PC..
thanks for info though.
I'm still in shock as to learning curve here..I can normally grab a program in a week.Two answers were from Mac+ Linux.
I'm betting designers are Original Mac or Dedicated Linux..hmmm

Thanks

K
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you go to settings you will see a checkbox for Show Offline help.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

Show and Tell
offlinehelp.jpg
offlinehelp.jpg (99.25 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com