Problem with hotspots

Q&A about the latest versions
donb

When I output a qtvr file with 255 hotspots to flash, the text only shows hotpot #255 no matter what hotspot I rollover. When I output this same file back to quicktime, it seems to have lost all of the hotspot text except for #255 also. The files are a bit big so I have not attached them. I can make them available if needed. TIA
cheers
don b
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ohhh.... have you tried to use only 254 hotspots? There may be a bug with hotspot #255 because the last hotspot is used internally. I never expected that someone really uses all 255.
MfG, Thomas
donb

thomas
ok it is for an artwork so not a normal use. I will delete #255 and try it again. Thanks
don b
donb

OK I tried 254 hotspots and once again the app recognizes the 254 hotspots but doesn't output correctly to QT or flash. I get the same all of the hotspots become #255 even though this time there is not a hotspot #255
thomas
Chief Gnome

Can you please send me your files so that I can have a look at it?
MfG, Thomas
donb

thomas;
I sent you the test files yesterday as a private message not sure if that worked because it is still in my outbox. TIA
cheers
don b
donb

thomas;
i re-built my hotspots in pano2vr and now i have all 255 working (or at least showing up). It seems like the problem is with how the existing hotspots get converted within pano2vr?
cheers
don b
thomas
Chief Gnome

Yes, it was the graphics format the hotspots are created. The format is a QuickTime specific "Graphics" format and Pano2VR is only able (because of it own QuickTime implementation) to decode standard image formats like PNG, TIFF, BMP and JPEG.
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

Show us all 225 hotspots on example....

Presently this reminds - sado-mazo :lol:
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
donb

OK more issues with this topic

1. once I have a p2vr file create with 255 working hotspots, if I open it again I can't edit the hotspot or select them. It still outputs correctly.

2. If I try to build a pano from 6 sides with png or jpg, the select input for hotspot files won't take using the open button to find the file and select it. If I type in the file name it stays there ( in the input dialogue box) but doesn't work. Not hotspots are recognized
The source files are generated in photoshop and never go into a quicktime vr movie

Here's what I want to do
Create a reference hotspot file that I can keep reapplying to different panos so I don't have to keep drawing the hotspots over and over. I also want them to be the same same location etc in each pano so even drawing them all by hand isn't a good solution.

Later today I will upload my reference sample with 255 hotspots and post the link. I can make the png reference and hotspot files available too.

TIA
cheers
don b
donb

Here is a link to a 255 hotspot reference file converted to swf. The hotspots where added in pano2vr. I would like to take these hotspots and apply them to different panos.
cheers
don b
http://people.cas.sc.edu/barthd/referen ... t_out.html
thomas
Chief Gnome

The server says: "The requested URL /barthd/reference_cube_hs_test_out.html was not found on this server."
MfG, Thomas
donb

thomas
Chief Gnome

Can you please also post the whole project + image files?
MfG, Thomas
donb

Here are two project with files and notes
cheers
don b

http://people.cas.sc.edu/barthd/water_means/tests.zip