Sending Package to Client to get on Net

Q&A about the latest versions
KCMangan

Hello All

I managed to get an offline package together so many thanks for everyone's help.
Now I need to send the package to my client and let them put it on their Intranet and place it on their website also.

I wont be onsite for getting it to run on the intranet or getting it online, and I was wondering what I have to send them and what I need to explain to them to get it running.

They have never put a panoramic tour up either so I'm sure they will be asking questions
I'm going to output to Html5, with a Flash fallback.

Their site is not Wordpress ,joomla or Drupal, its a fully coded site.
Do I need to send them a specific CMS Link, MIME code etc. (I've never done any website work so I am lost)

Can anyone tell me what I need to send them exactly and where they need to put files to get it working.

I'm presuming they are using Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer, will this create any headaches?
Is there any specific questions I need to ask them before putting the package together for them.

Just wondering is there 1 Document that explains to a new client (that knows code ) what needs to be done.

All help greatly appreciated.

K
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I would zip up the output folder.
Upload to your server and then give them the link to download it.

Then when download unzip.
They can also rename the output folder, example house_tour_one then upload it to there website.
They can now either have a text or image link going to the folder or they can use an iframe to embed the index.html page in their own web page.

Example:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="house_tour_one/index.html" name="panorama" width="640" height="480" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" style="float:left; margin-left:0px" allowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen=“true”></iframe>
In any case this is a job for a web developer as I would not encourage them to poke around there website if they don't know what they are doing.
And of course you need to be clear about this so if they brake something they don't point the finger at you.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
KCMangan

Thanks Hopki.

So I just create the output file and zip
Send it to Client
He unzips back to Output folder
He then uploads this one folder to his server to where he keeps images etc

On his webpage he creates a button/link with a little bit of code pointing to index.html in the output folder
And it should play smoothly across all browsers? He doesn't have to do anything else?
Will this play on an iPhone/pad straight away ( as long as I have everything in the skin correct)

I'm looking at the code and Width /Height are at 640/480 and allow full screen is true

Am I correct in saying this will start the Tour in a pop up window at 640/480 but scale to full-screen once hitting the full-screen toggle button?

I'll be outputting multires ,so in the output file should skin and File settings be 640/480 ?(so it doesnt get pixelated, or is this what multires looks after)
Lets say he wants it to start it running @ 1240/960, should I make the file to those measurements

The guy is a web developer and knows his way around, its just that I dont:)

Many Thanks
K
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If the output is HTML5 multi resolution that yes, this should open and play in all mobile devices and desktops with modern browsers.
If you think an older computer mat be used with say IE9 then under the HTML5 output's HTML tab select the edit template button and select the Flash Fallback Player.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
KCMangan

Hi Hopki, and others

Just following up on this.

I had to make some edits and pop up buttons for hotspots and make it responsive.I got a skin from Arturo's site and started using that and Frankenstein-ed it.:)
Its a responsive skin so this may be messing with Flash.
( I SInce got info that the flash option was dumped 4 years back)
I'm a noob.

As I'm sending this on to a client to install I just want to make sure it will work without a million problems for them.
I've outputted to HTML5, and selected the flash fallback player.
It pops up in Chrome and IE and Firefox perfect, I'm presuming thats the HTML5 working.

I sent a draught version without the fallback option (set for nwjs offline player) a few days ago, and then outputted the file with zipping and instructions as you mentioned (I didnt have the fallback on though)

They came back to me with a screen shot that says
Error:[object Error}.

I'm hoping this is the fallbacks fault. they are running on a 32bit default browser IE 10 or 11. any ideas?

Second question is regards how to check if the fallback is working.One of the videos has the option of checking in Opera.
I've installed Opera and dropped the flash swf into from the fallback in the output folder it and its gone nuts :) None of the parameters are working, screen is black.
I had thought the fallback player looked after all that?, I've found out recently it doesnt.

Can you recommend anyone that has HTML 5 skins with Flash fallback settings on a drop down menu or button based menu.
Then; can you point me to a link that explains how to link image link popups and Text link popups to a menu bar......

On current Project the flash
Hotspot links are invisible as per client request and everything is to be done through buttons,needless to say buttons are not working not working and simplex pop up icons are doing a 360 constantly.
http://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/features-html5-flash/
Is this list still valid?

I'm hoping to find a skin that will work in html 5 and flash that works through buttons linked to hotspots and or the code tht amkes thwem work. Allowing pop up imagery etc

Do I need to output a secondary/primary Flash file with a different skin first (a simplex edit) and keep it in the same folder as the Html? Does that make it not go crazy?

If you get to see this post I'll remake the tour and skin so that it looks the same in both HTML and Flash.It was working lovely locally in html 5 but flash is not responsiv.(by the looks of it )

I'm hoping there are some direct links to Video tutorials or written manuals that explain how to make a button based tour that allows pop up imagery and can be used with html5 and flash without resorting to pulling my hair out.
Just 1 skin that allows usage of all formats.Buttons or drop down menu, ability to support pop up images and pop up text

I've wasted weeks trying to figure out this.I really need a a ninja to get this sorted.

K
Hopki
Gnome

Hi K,
To test Flash just open Pano2VR and the HTML5 output. Under the HTML tab select edit template and then select prefer Flash.
This will open the project in Flash and fallback the HTML5 if no Flash player is available. Use this for testing then deselect when done.

I have old Opera 12.16 installed which does not support HTML5.
I just Googled it and you can still download it for Mac OS X, not looked for Windows, but then just selecting prefer flash also works.

Showing customers and sending files.
I normally upload to my server and give the customer a link to view the project.
This has two advantages, one, they can use the link to open on all devices and with no local file restrictions and two, they don't have any files.
Once you have produced the output and the customer give you the thumbs up then at this point I zip up the output folder and upload to my server.

I then give them the link to download.

Depending on the size of the company you are dealing with they will probable have their own web developer, either in-house or contracted.
What you don't want is to get to much involved with their website, web development is a different skill set, some photographers have it some don't. If you don't then tell them this upfront. Say you will help as mush as you can but you are a photographer.

Anyway back to Flash and HTML5.
There are a lot of things that will not work in a Flash output. Most of the development for Pano2VR 5 is for HTML5.
However the Flash fallback player uses the HTML5 skin. SO yes if using the fallback player and not Flash output you should get all the features.

You must think of the fallback player as what it is, if all else fails use Flash.
So no, no need to have a separate Flash output just use the fallback player.
Also with the fallback player you only need to make the HTML5 output.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
KCMangan

HI Hopki,

Thanks for the reply.
"What you don't want is to get to much involved with their website, web development is a different skill set, some photographers have it some don't. If you don't then tell them this upfront. Say you will help as mush as you can but you are a photographer."

Just to mention I'm a virtual photographer...ie I fake everything!!
3D modeler and visualizer.I use countless packages to get stuff done
The day I call myself a photographer,will make me very happy, but for now I'm a visualizer and proud :)

As for web development, I'll try and stay away from that as long as I can, but seeming as I'm in this for the long run I'd better figure that out too.

Your post all makes sense :), except while I have server space I have no idea how to work with it..hah..
And client wants this on a system I cant have access to, a lot of it in old format systems.
I purchased a skin that wont work with a fallback flash..I've tested it and not a hope of getting it working in a short window time frame

I work off PC

My current output file works by just sending the zipped file, they extract then right click index.html and open with Internet Explorer.
It throws up some message about scripts being not enabled, but internet options fixes that

If I select open with Chrome, Chrome throws up the skin only and wont see the image files

I tried copying and pasting from one browser to another from an old post

http://ggnome.com/wiki/Integrated_Web_Server

Really good post but it doesnt seem to work anymore, ie copy and paste from IE (that works)to chrome and I get the same silly black screen with the skin only showing in chrome
Have I missed something? Does an option have to be ticked in chrome for it to work or is chrome a no go area at the moment before uploading to a server(ie internal off offline viewing)

I'm one of the guys that want to master this, and I'm not going to give up until I can use this in the same manner as CAD/Max/Solidworks/AE etc, as in without a second thought

You guys are all Sensei at this stage, us little Padawans need to soak up the bits and are having a hard time finding it.
I'd love if all the Senseis could remember when they were starting out, and all the difficulties you had, I've seen posts from 2006 with the veterans asking the same questions I am now.
The answers are in here but you need to know some extra things before you can even use the search box.

I stumbled across a youtube video with Thomas where he gives thanks to you for making serious amendments to the program Hopki.
The program works brilliant but Its really hard to get to grips with.
I Presume It all makes sense once you read all 10.000 posts :)
I'm at about 4,000 watched videos and forum views

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I've dropped this before and I have to say it again.One little manual PDF that gets a Tour Noob going would really help.
I'm making my own manual as I need to teach others, but I'd love to see an official printed guide - Steps 1-10 guide.
The component toolbox is brilliant, but I have no idea how to link it to several pano nodes
I've bought skins that are brilliant but difficult to understand
I have loads of questions, and answers that the initial forum topics miss for knobs/noobs :) like me

Even the fact that something is called a node as opposed to image takes a bit of time to figure out.
1 List of dont not start making a tour until you have read all this, would be beneficial,I'm searching for it, but you already know it
2I'm sure a noob could be up and running without 80 questions if we had it.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************
Suggestion for a User Test. ( All Betas went out to existing users, not Fresh users)

Grab a Neighbor or non scripting Friend, and ask them to use the program.

Fresh and idiotic like us tour noobs.

Then pay them 15-75 an hour to create a bespoke skin and deliverable project (Brief be supplied by a client, with amendments (I can give real-time amendments), and P2vr has to pay them (or a charity ) as a beta test client.

You cannot help in the process.

Fresh install, and new user

I'd be surprised in the bill didn't go past 120 hours of work
Post the cost here for learning curve
**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Suggestion 2

User survey

Generate a file of active users that post requests
Generate same file Of active users that are not posting requests.

Make 1 directory of similar posts and make it a sticky

Objective: figure out if the next generation of users are happy with system or need more/ less features

Figure out why they have either perfected, or given up on tours.
Client Basis-Brief Description
Needed requirements. Brief description...Give a tick the box option in ENglish and script
Were requirements met Y/N
Turnaround Time Set by Client: Days
As a new user did you meet that deadline? Y/N
Your age
Experience with Major applications CAD/CAM>Adobe/Autodesk/CAnnon /Nikon ( please name package and years of experience )
Experience with web design
Experience with scripting
General Comments

You guys rock, but please remember what you take as granted, we are still only learning.
The smallest comment without a space or mispelt data causes havoc on our end.

Every video I have watched contains a reference to another video, "that will be explained in another tutorial", but its not.
Or the basics for V5 are not explained.
There is a fantastic option for "whats new in v5"
I'd love an option of "how to make something professional that you can sell to a client and give them options" ie buttons, text pop ups, drop down menus, with a sample project file that is available for download with all options available.
A pdf explaining what exactly you clicked, or did not ....and why it makes a difference.
I understand this is a lot of work but making a single QVTR /flash/HTMLfile is simple, but the minute you hit multi node tours and customization it becomes a headache.

I know the information is the forums, it just takes learning scripting phrases and thinking like a programmer to even search the forums, I don't think like a programmer, I think like an engineer or designer.
You say placeholder. I say data input field
You say node, I say Image 5
I am used to massive corporation applications, Photoshop, CAD,MAx etc, so I'm having a hard time getting to grips with (behind the button) terminology.
You guys have designed PTVR, and it really works, however you have forgotten that the new guys need full instruction, not partial
The reference tabs are there but it even took a while to figure out what a "placeholder" was.
You have to remember I'm working with 10 other applications at the same time.as I presume most other new users are

Most scripting Sounds obvious now but when you go in green, this forum seems to have forgotten its roots.

How to use everything in the component toolbox would be a nice option.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember that the secret to the "Pasta Sauce" needs to be passed on to the next generation.
Chopping the onions, does not mean bash them to bits,you need a sharp knife and cut them in a particular way, it stops the natural acids turning to sugar before you want them to.
I hate scripting but I love a good pasta sauce..

The good sauce only comes with the method, a scattered recipe never makes a proper sauce .Clear and concise directions and seeing and noting the method in all manners makes the sauce .
The flick of the wrist, the extra bit of Parmesan just before serving..These are the things everyone needs to know, but are often held close to heart
It takes a long time to make the perfect sauce ;you cant make it straight off, it takes a little bit of experimentation
*******************************************************************************************************************************************
As far as pasta is concerned , I have the sauce perfected.(Italian and Argentine family)(The Nona's, Nanas and Abuelitas have thanks for that) and I can change that when when different family are coming..
Asfar as p2vr is concerned, I'm waiting for the recipe first, then I can try and perfect it,,A pinch of this n a pinch of that and you end up with Mexican food, good in its own right, but If I asked for italian I expect italian..

Anyhow, I've just got hungry.(needless to say)

If I win the record for longest post ever I'm delighted :)
All of the comments above are for knowledge and education.

Thank you to the forum and especially Hopki

K