Any 3D Guys in Here? :)

Q&A about the latest versions
KCMangan

Hi,

Quick topic to see if there are any guys who model and render their panos as opposed to taking photos.

I used the old program for ages (1 shot imagery ) but version 5 and making tours is giving me headaches.
I need to package to a usb /cd/dropbox for distribution to clients and I'm just not getting it right.

I presume a lot of the 3d modelers, designers are in the same position.

Hoping to find a workflow that works for showing to clients offline.

I've gone through tonnes of the tuts and am still at a loss as to correct settings for pc and the way I want it to act...(all my clients use pc, Mac settings are great to know but useless to my client and I)

I'd love to start a chat with other "Virtual Designers " to see what they have found out and also to share my 2 cents.

Never thought this could be so hard to get a grasp of,I normally flow into a program really fast.

Thanks in advance and hoping to see one or 3d heads here

K
Boothy

Hi KCMangan

I mostly use pano2vr for rendered output. I primarily use sketchup for modelling and render with vray or irender nxt plugins. Both have equirectangukar output so apart from some post render tweaking in photoshop they are normally good to go.

If you have any queries I will attempt to answer them if I can.

Regards

Boothy
KCMangan

Hi Boothy,

I'm cad/max/vray , so that bit of the workflow is the same :).

Have you managed to package a tour to a usb or get it to a client on removable media.( or Dropbox even?).

If so I'd love to discuss settings of Pano2vr that you have got working.

I'll be trying to get it working over the weekend, if I have any success I'll let you know :)

Regards

K
Boothy

Hi

What problems are occurring when trying to run from USB?

Internet explorer, firefox and Edge will run from local files offline if you embed the xml (see image below).Chrome for security reasons does not allow reading of local files so do not bother - you will get continual `network errors`. Embedding xml works at present historically the effectiveness of this has varied with different browser updates.
embedded xml1.jpg
embedded xml1.jpg (105.78 KiB) Viewed 4002 times
I find firefox for PC and android the best all rounders personally.

With the xml embedded opening the target html file should work OK. I very rarely send client `local offline presentations` and prefer to upload to my website for viewing.

|If you are considering HMD VR tours offline you might also want to see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10830

I have not tried this but also look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10738

Boothy
KCMangan

Hi Boothy

Thanks for getting back.
I'm pottering through and things seem to be working for me now, via usb and the nwjc package.
I'll double check that embed xml is ticked:) Thanks..

I'm messing with settings (Antialiasing ,to see what will work best) and putting in pop up images (still renders),
and getting my head around the logic box..pretty cool actually

One thing I cant find for html is the " keep aspect ratio " button in v5.
I've just got a new monitor and the html file keeps opening fullscreen (the monitor is 32 inch widescreen so its opening far too wide for my liking)
I'd like for it to pop open in a 960x720 window or whatever settings I choose.(as in if I made a qtvr, if you maximise the window it still keeps a height to width ratio...
Any idea where it is? or what to do.
It could just be my monitor settings, who knows:)

I'm not much up on my code so every time I see a (© $uc ) or something similarI have to do a bit of testing to see what it does ...:).

Going to see if I can get this working through dropbox, ever tried it?

Regards and thanks

Keith
Boothy

Going to see if I can get this working through dropbox, ever tried it?
I have always found it slow compared to my own service provider.
I'd like for it to pop open in a 960x720 window or whatever settings I choose.(as in if I made a qtvr, if you maximise the window it still keeps a height to width ratio...
You can set window size under HTML tab. Not sure about restricting original aspect ratio in V5. There may be a way but I do not know it/have not found it yet. You could do it manually by tweaking html code or inserting tour into another html page via an iframe. You could also use a container\rectangle within skin to restrict image but you would have to except a visual border when not to aspect ratio.

Boothy
KCMangan

Hi B

Got everything working, tested on a bunch of machines..win xp 7,810 .Lovely!:)all 64b
Then my client says they only have 32 bit machines...and nothing works...ahhhhhh
This is a massive corporation....!!!

I dont have a clue of the difference, I thought code was code.....
Any idea what I have to change?
Is there quick line of code to adapt to 32 bit?

K

+thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The NW-JS project has 32 as well as 64 bit applications.
See here.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/