Serious saving problem

Q&A about the latest versions
Ulli

Hi there,

several times after I saved my work to local volume, I expected the following saving problem:

I saved my project
I shut down my computer
I restart
I opened my saved file, a tour with several panoramas in TIFF and there where several (last time all except one pano) placeholders with question marks. The file link to the Tiff files was correct, but I had to reselect all the files manually and then, even the bigger problem several patches were not valid any more, especially the bottom an top of the panorama, there I had to reopen the photoshop patch, then save it again and the it worked.

Also the link to images were forgotten.

This is not funny and not expected from a 300€ software. Or am I doing something wrong?

Working under Macbook Pro Early 2011 16GB RAM OS 10.11.4 Pano2VR 5.01

Ulli
Bostjan

Followind the topics for the solution... had similar problem with setting names of nodes. When the project was saved and then reopened the settings disappeared...
Ulli

in between I found out that there is a serious problem with file names which is:

don´t use capital letters, don´t use space in filenames and both of that is valid in folders also. As it looks like this messed up a lot of my saving and exporting problems-

Actually I feel quite left alone, company support is quite pure, which is disappointing with a 300€ software. Thinking about moving to krpano.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello Ulli,

can you please send me the broken .p2vr file as a PM and describe the problem in more detail? Upper case letters shouldn't cause those problems nor spaces. I know about problems with the output on Linux servers etc. because Linux distinguishes between upper/lower case file names, Macs and Windows don't (per default, I know you can change that...).
It would be very helpful if you can give me more information, so that we can track down the issue.
MfG, Thomas
HFlouch

I have this problem too. Did this get resolved? I'm building my first tour on Pano2VR and each time I close and reopen my tour between 10 and 20 percent of pano images are missing and replaced with grey question marks. When you go to remove one of these panos, the software still seems to know the name of the file but its missing and there's no way to reconnect with the images.
360Texas

Hello HFlouch

I did provide a comment in your other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12071&p=49853#p49853
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com