Pano2VR5: start and stop animation with delay in skin editor

Q&A about the latest versions
tomnet

Hello!
I've been unable to stop and restart an animation with delay via skin action "Autototate") (i set autorotate with 15s delay and "use animation" in output)
Now i can stop the animation in the skin by using "autorotate stop".
But if i then try to start the animation again (using action "start rotation", delay 15.00s) the animation starts immediately, not obeying the 15 sec delay.
The output goes to html5.
Am i doeing anything wrong?

Thanks!

--Tom
CBosch

I would say Yes :D

Do you use the same skin element to start and stop? If you set the "button" for rotation to troggle between start and stop you can't edit a delay. So you must make 2 "buttons" one on the other positioned and add some logic.

The first to stop the auto-rotation: not visible -> logic-block: if autorotation = yes -> visible, action: mousclick -> stop autorotation.
The second to start again: not visible -> logic-block: if autorotation = no -> not visible, action: mousecklick -> start autorotation with delay 15.0s

For the user there is only one button visible, for the logic behind are tow independent buttons.
Have a nice day

Christian
CBosch

Hi Tom,

I just tried the function - and it does not respect the delay! As it is possible to set a delay-value it should work. Hope Hopki can say something about that.

Other question: do you thing it is good for the user to have a delay on this function (or general)? Why is there a delay? I click on start autorotation and nothing moves. What am I doing? Right, click again and again and again and ending frustrated in the programmers skills... if I click a button there should be a action instantly visible. If you add a countdown I get at least a feedback - the sense of the delay will not be explained.
Have a nice day

Christian
tomnet

Hi
I see your point.
I want start the animation if no-one interacts with the pano for 15 sec.
The idea is to hold the tour animaion as soon as someone clicks on a picture hotspot.
Without stopping, the animation pauses for 15 secs, and then continues in the background behind the image.
So the idea was to halt animation as soon as someone clicks on a picture hotspot, and to continue ( includig a new 15 sec wait)
afer the click on the image to make it vanish.

--Tom
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
To create the effect.
Set the auto rotate under the auto rotate tab, pan speed 0.2, delay: 5s, return to horizon 1.0.

Then in the skin add to the point hotspot, hotspot template: mouse click, stop auto rotate and mouse click show the popup.
Then in the close popup button there would be mouse click, start auto rotate, speed 0.2 then delay and return to horizon both set to default so they use that setting under the auto rotate tab, and then of course the close popup action.

That should it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
tomnet

Thanks Hopki,
I'll try that this weekend!

--Tom
360Texas

Hope this is not too technical.

0.2 is 2 th's of 1 degree per second before redrawing the screen at the new pan position.

IF speed 0.2 is too fast rotation for you you might consider a slower rotation speed of default [+] 0.07 rotate to right. Or (minus) -0.07 rotate to left

Concept is:
draw the screen texture (your panorama) in the window THEN rotate 2 th's of 1 degree and re-draw the screen texture (your panorama) in the window - THEN repeat until rotation slows down and stops.
This draw - redraw activity happens rather quickly like 30 frames/second which should produce a rather smooth rotation view.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
tomnet

Thanks all for helping!

But i try to not only use rotation, i try to stop a animated tour as soon as a overlay image is shown,
and then after the image is clicked away, and no interaction takes playe after 15secs, the tour continues.
This works so far, except that , after the image is clicked away, the tour animation continues without any delay.

--Tom
MPW

Hi,
found this topic for a similar problem.
I´m wondering, that a mouse enters: stop autorotation and a mouse leaves: start autorotation/delay in sec doesn´t work on just one button.

In my skin there is a node with thumbnail. Autorotation is set in general settings 0,05 with 2 sec delay.
The actions for the node are: mouse enters: autorot stop + mouse leaves: autorot start/2sec delay + mouse click: autorot start/2sec delay.
In general I like to stop autorot, if you hover over a clickable element. Here autorot stops if you hover over and starts if you leave the nodebutton.
Because there was a general stop of autorot after only entering the node and clicking I added the mouseclick: start autorot.
Now, after clicking, the next pano rotates immediately, then stops for a second and starts again (after the 2 sec delay). Little bit irritating.
I don´t see a way to work here with 2 layered buttons.
Do you have a solution?
Thanks a lot