Pano 2VR 5 large tour

Q&A about the latest versions
EDevey

Hi,

I've been loving the v5 so far but now I want to re-work a previous job that has 143 nodes.

I loaded all the panos no problem, added the skin previously used and began utilising the auotomatic connections 'nearest node'. Coming to the end of my available time, I saved the project and shut down.

The problem I have is that now when I try to re-open the project to complete working on it, the tour browser will only load the first pano and just show place-holders for all the others. Am I missing something? I looked for settings > save previews, but it is not there in the menu.

edwin
Bostjan

I have same "problem" - not with nodes but ( now I am boring you - but again... it is important! - that is why I am stil with 4x or swithching to the other player or conversion tool) with the recreation or correction of the tours of 100 -500 locations where the batch window is needed.
cyberneddy

Yes, this is what happened to me the other week. Thankfully the tour only had 27 nodes, but even that was something of a bore to reload one by one.
Any hope of a fix for this?
Svendus

I've been loving the v5 so far but now I want to re-work a previous job that has 143 nodes.
That was a huge project it sounds like you are not using the right operative system for this purpose :D
how much memory do PC ned to manage such projeckts .tiff files becomes raher big and the computer swap must be running hot?
Linux are to day running on EXT4 file system it is 40 times faster than NTFS
The ext4 file system can support volumes with sizes up to 1 exbibyte EiB and Max filesize 16 GiB to 16 TiB

I am running Pano2VR5 on a 8 and 6 Core Windows and Linux PC (the same Pano2VR5 license)
the Linux Mint 6 core machine renders a big project like blinking an eye
much faster than the Windows Machine that are running overclocked +33% on newest X99 hardware
Linux are absolutely free open souse
and you can run it dual boot with Windows and OS X
Last edited by Svendus on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image
Vitaly

I guess this is new issue introduced in beta5.

I created new tour from my removable disk X. After successful working on the project I closed it and reopened next day.
The tour has several panos but only the first was visible, others have only placeholders.
But when I look at FILEPATH to "absent" panos, there were ABSOLUTE path to Pano2VR installation:
c:\Program Files\Pano2VR5\pano2.tif
c:\Program Files\Pano2VR5\pano3.tif
Although I added those panos from disk X
So I changed the path to
pano2.tif (remove wrong path)
and my tour has been restored.
Maybe you have the same issue?
EDevey

Hi,
It is certainly the file path that is causing the problem but I can't see an easy way of changing this. Certainly not for many panos in one go. Why is support quiet on the subject?
Svendus

Hi Vitaly
Hopki will be back soon
in our workflow we first export the raw images to a location that programs like Google Picasa do not index its database
then rename all images 1-2-3-4-and so on import the images into Pano2VR
1. Level them if necessary and then
2. Run all Patches needed
3. Here after i Convert all the images to Equirectangular .tiff files where all meta and patches are included.

We can upload this files directly to Google street view if needed. :mrgreen:

4.Pano2VR will here after use the tiff file and i can delete the raw JPG and .Psd and .Psd Patch files taking HD space
5. I save the project in the same location as the tiff files on a 7200 rotating hard drive.
6.Hereafter writing titles and draging and droping hotspots in the tour setting the orientation in and out
7. Generating HTML5 output renaming the output folder and uppload it via FTP

The operative system and program folder are installed on C: Windows!
My C: are physical two Intel 530 series Sata 6 Solids State hard drives in raid 0
Having huge projects on C: with a lot of writing rewriting will actually shorten the life on the Solid State drives.
Image Image
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Yes this is a bug, its already fixed in the next release.
For now I'm sorry to say you need to use the open button to locate each image.
However the fastest way to do this is open the project and select a node with a blank image place holder and look at the file path.
For example the first image: Park_01.jpg
Blank place holders: /Park_02.jpg, /Park_03.jpg, /Park_04.jpg etc
So a forward slash has been added in this example.

Close the .p2vr file and open it with a text editor.
Find the second node: /Park_02.jpg and highlight: /Park

Then click, Edit => Find & replace.
In find enter: /Park
Then in replace: Park
Click replace all.

This will remove all the forward slashes from all the nodes.
Open the p2vr file and all the nodes will be there.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Svendus

So that means that it is better to continue Large Projects with
Panoramic Image Converter
Version: 4.5.3 pro 64bit
Revision: 10717/4.8.3
Build date: Mar 6 2015,

Until the final release of Version5 comes out :?:
Image Image
Hopki
Gnome

Or V5 beta 4.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/