Animation and auto-rotation

Q&A about the latest versions
HaraldJ

The new animation feature looks most interesting, especially as a replacement for the auto-rotation, but I guess I have't understood it properly:

1) Can it produce "something" that just emulates what a user might do - rotating, zooming etc., without producing a video? Like a batch that defines panorama movements overtime, that just works with a panorama in any given window size and aspect ratio?

2) Can it emulate mouse-over events, showing hotspot information, and can it emulate user action, as a mouse click/tap, to initiate some action or sound?

3) How do I link, whatever the animation output is, to the auto-rotate in the controller?

4) Can I set a time when the animation starts again, when the viewer has stopped doing anything with it?

Thanks!

Harald
Harald Joergens
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, United Kingdom
k.ary.n
Gnome

1) Can it produce "something" that just emulates what a user might do - rotating, zooming etc., without producing a video? Like a batch that defines panorama movements overtime, that just works with a panorama in any given window size and aspect ratio?
Yes! You do this using Keyframes and with any aspect ratio. In the Animation or HTML5 output settings, just set your ratio or window size and you'll see it appear in the Editor's overlay options to help you best frame your animation. You would then export using the HTML5 output (see below).
2) Can it emulate mouse-over events, showing hotspot information, and can it emulate user action, as a mouse click/tap, to initiate some action or sound?
Not yet... :wink:
3) How do I link, whatever the animation output is, to the auto-rotate in the controller?
In the HTML5 output, go to the Auto Rotate panel and select Use Animation.
Can I set a time when the animation starts again, when the viewer has stopped doing anything with it?
Not yet...

Have you seen the documentation on using the Animation editor? It's not a complete documentation but it does cover the basics. I think you've understood it quite well...it's just not clear that you can output it as a "programmed" autorotate and/or as a standalone video. So, I hope I cleared that up!
HaraldJ

Hi Karyn,

Thanks for your quick response! It's not exactly what I had hoped for as it generates a large number of extra files.

What I had been hoping for is something like a script file that contains a sequence of operations similar to user action with a pointing device. This could be one small text file instead of a large or huge number of extra files, and it could possibly emulate the mouse-over as well if it would feed "virtual" user interaction to the panorama.

I've seen a demonstration by a certain American advertising sales company (the one with StreetView), which does just that, even in a large virtual tour, where the animation just emulates user input, and the user can take over in any panorama at any time. After a certain timeout, the script takes control again. It was something like that I had hoped for.

Best regards

Harald
Harald Joergens
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Harald,
Pano2VR 5 Pro can do this. Please see this example.
Click the menu button on the right then click the auto rotate button.
What will happen is the produced animation will start.
You can interact with the panorama at any time which will stop the auto rotate. When you stop interaction with the panorama the auto rotate timer will start, the default is 5 seconds.
You can add animations to the project without making a video or exporting a MP4.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
HaraldJ

Hi Hopki,

Thank for the response! The example looks impressive, does it work without loads of image files during the recorded movement?

If it does, how do you do it? What I've seen and tried implies either creating a video, or a sequence of frames for every moment in time.

And if there is a way "just" to record the movements (you have all the great tools like the storyboard in place), is it planned to also allow the popup of hotspot information in a later release? That would be the icing on the cake!

Best regards

Harald
Harald Joergens
Hopki
Gnome

HI Harald,
No images are created if you don't have an animation output.
SO you just have an HTML5 output, the go to the animator and produce the animation.
That it. Now select use animation under auto rotate.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/