Pano2VR 5.0 Beta - Launching on Phantom Screen

Q&A about the latest versions
MGreen

Hi - Sorry if this topic has been raised in the wrong area - I didn't find a spot for beta operations feedback.
I run Pano 2VR from a win8.1 laptop with a samsung screen plugged in.
I was at a different location trying to use a different addition screen a few days ago.
When trying to use Pano2VR5beta - it appears to load ... there's a very brief animation showing the window travelling to a screen that's not there. I wasn't able to reconfig to get the Pano2VR window to appear on either the laptop or other screen.
I tried rebooting with only the laptop ie no plugged in screen - same issue - the Pano2VR window very briefing animates away from the launch bar to a screen that is not there.
When coming back to home set-up - using the screen that I usually use - then Pano2VR launches to that screen.

In summary - Pano2VR does not configure for available screens - rather it launches to a non-existence screen when used away from it's initial config set-up???
Can this matter please be checked?
Thanks, Matt
Svendus

Hi MGreen
just with Pano2VR or was it with all other applications if only with Pano2VR it might be lack of memory on your Graphics hardware

Did you have the laptop connected to the power adapter when you were at the "different location" ?

My Laptop has two Graphics one Intell and one Nvidia the Nvidia is only active when the laptop are connected to the power adapter
Image Image
MGreen

Hi Svendus
thanks for engaging on this...
The prob is just with Pano2VR ... all other applications' windows adjust when different monitor configs occur.

Yes the laptop was ac connected each time.

My Laptop also has both Intel and Nvidia ... mmm... this may be part of the issue - But I must say taht I haven't noticed any gpu degradation bewteen home and client offices ie between the 2 monitor setup's.
k.ary.n
Gnome

I'm only taking a stab here, but have you tried launching Pano2VR without the Welcome Screen?
MGreen

Hi - thanks for stabbing in :D - actually I'm having the problem right now ... the startup screen shows on the main screen but it launches "up" to a screen that's not there ... on your advice i ticked off the startup screen .... now I'm just seeing the brief 1/4 sec animation as the prog opens on the screen that's not there???
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
If you hold down the "Shift" key while Pano2VR starts this this will disable the "move to last position" for the main window.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
MGreen

Hi Hopki - THANKS - that's the fix - making work at different desks work'able - cheers, Matt