Pop-up/info help needed

Q&A about the latest versions
TimW

H guys,
Im not too clued-up with skin making etc and need some help in getting a nice pop-up for a project Im doing. If you go to
http://www.tim.co.nz/hbtour/
You will see I have some picture pop-ups and also some "info" pop-ups (POINT HOTSPOTS)

What I need is an Info pop-up that carries a small photo and a hyperlink as well as plain text. It would be wonderful if this could be added to the POINT HOTSPOT options.. rather than a skin as i want to add dozens of these throughout my tour
Advise on how to create another option would be great
I am happy to pay for some help with this.

Thanks

Tim
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tim,
Please see attached project.
Open the p2vr file and create the output.
Then copy the assets folder into the output folder.

The popup takes the title and body text from each of the hotspots title and description text fields.
The external loader gets the field path for the image from the target text field from each point hotspot.
The hotspot template in the skin has all the actions to set the text.

You may need to add a set value, leave blank to unload the external loader action when you close the popup.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
popup.zip
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 183 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TimW

Hi Hopki,

I dont think Ive come across software.. as good as this, yet with such amazing support. Thanks very much.

I have done as asked above but the text info doesnt show. Should it be run from the webhost?

Essentially what Im after is a photo/thumbnail embedded into the Info popup before.. and preferably a hyperlink to a website
Like this
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (105.7 KiB) Viewed 2291 times

Have a great day..

Regards

Tim
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tim,
This should do as you asked.
If you open the project and publish the output you just need to copy in the assets folder into the output folder.
The popup is made from a rectangle, two text boxes and an external loader with the ID popup_image_loader.

Setting up a point hotspot in the hotspot viewer mode.
Title text, this will be displayed in the popups title text field.

Description, this will be the body text for the popup.

Target, This has the file path to the image that needs to be displayed, in this example the path to image one is: assets/image_one.jpg
Hence why you need to copy the assets folder to the output folder.

For hyperlinks in the body text use HTML code, here is a tip document showing how to do it.
You should now be abel to have a popup with text, a picture and hyperlinks.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/