Panoramic video

Q&A about the latest versions
JonShaw3D

I would consider myself a novice at this point, but have been searching the forum and anything else I can find to get information on bringing in a 360 degree video. Thus far I haven't been successful and I'm guessing it's because I am a novice, looking in the wrong spot. So how do you pull in a panoramic video? Thanks in advance!
hum@no.id

My concept from still panoramas - Telli 360° Video Tour - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otGpce1zYJM&vq=hd2160
Good viewing on Chrome Browser
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
JonShaw3D

That's nice and everything, but that has nothing to do what I asked. How does one import a 360 video?
pLuz

Hi!

I really would also like to know how to bring 360 video playback into the tour.
I know that is possible to bring it using flash, but you are limited in size by the flash technology, and the whole process is a kind difficult.

It would be awesome to be able to play your tour with 360 video, with all the interactive capabilities that pano2vr allows.

Kolor eyes player is already able to play 4k 360 video, and thier kolor panotour pro software is able to play and interact with the video content.

Any other indication of how to implement 360 video from pano2vr?

thanks
hum@no.id

Modern features play 360 video (today's trend) is not currently available in Pano2VR
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Pano2VR 5 supports panoramic video.
The video has to be converted to 3:2 cubic format, for the moment but this will change later.
In fact you can use them as transition nodes as you can select to go to the next node after the video has finished.

If you open Pano2VR 5 you will see where you add an input image, directly under this you can add a video panorama for the same node.
The idea is if the browser does not support video the static image will be shown, however today Safari, Chrome and firefox all support video.
Format needs to be MP4.

Here is a test which works ok from node one to video transition, but I knocked the Theta for node two.
LINK.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Svendus

Great i still think you should try to mount the camera on a long Pole Fishing rod :D
Image Image
JonShaw3D

Hopki, I appreciate your response and have tried to use the video wizard to convert the video, but I seem to fall short when it's time to import the converted video. So here's what I'm doing, can you tell me where I've gone wrong?
I created an .mp4 from the Video Wizard, then clicked on input, but there doesn't seem to be a way to select it to bring it in. Only two steps, but obviously I'm not doing something right.
360Texas

We do not YET use mp4 movies.... Maybe drag and drop ? See documentation for "Adding Media"

http://ggnome.com/wiki/Using_the_Media_ ... ding_Media
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
JonShaw3D

OK, here's an update on where I am right now on this thing, as I admit this all very new and has been hard to wrap my head around. I have the converted animation in the "input video" section under the image. It shows it in cube form, but isn't previewing it correctly, I'm guessing that I have the format type incorrect (I'm not sure what it should be on, since it's not working for any of them). Secondly, I'm not sure what type of output that I should be using. This would be a great thing to see a step by step tutorial on, since there is a new and completely different version of pano2vr than most of the other tutorials. I feel like I'm a lot closer now, but I'm a long way from getting there.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Single node video:
Open the video wizard. Select the MP4 video say from a Theta and then set the output paths for the extracted images, converted images and the video output. Make sure you have selected MP4 for the output video format. Click Run All.
Place the first frame/image from the extracted folder and use an an input image. Then select the newly generated 3:2 MP4 video as the video node.
When you open the output you will see the video. If the browser does not support the video you will see the still pano.

Making a video transition project.

Iv uploaded some test files Here, node_one.jpg, transitions.jpg and node_two.jpg as well as the 3:2 MP4 video.

Note the transitions node is just a copy of node_one.jpg. The reason for this is because how I made the test files.

I used a Ricoh Theta S.
I stood the camera on a tripod and took a shot. Changed to video mode then while recording moved the camera to the next location. I stopped the recording then shot another pano. Made a copy of node_one.jpg and renamed it to transition.jpg

Open Pano2VR 5 Pro and drop in node_one, transitions and then node_two.
Select the transition node in the tour browser and add the video. Set the End Action to node_two.

Go back to node_one and drag the transition node between the table and small tree in the panorama. Set $fwd in the hotspots target text field.

Publish out and all should be good. If nodes are not lining up make sure the North are set correctly.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
JonShaw3D

I follow that, but one last question for you... which setting are you using for output?
JonShaw3D

OK, I just got it, it wasn't showing up in the freestanding emulator I was using. As soon as I got it into Chrome, it worked. I exported it using HTML5 option one.
pLuz

Hi Hopki, thanks, and sorry for my misleading comments, it works.

I reach the limit at 3408x2272 pixels using adobe media encoder 2014.
If anybody is able to produce bigger MP4 files(image resolution), that are playable in panovr 5, I'm listening.

Anyway, this 3:2 cubic format implementation, if we could get rid of it would be nice, since it's another cycle in workflow, adding one more compression/decompression if we could use "standart" video resolutions would be nice.

Also, your panoramic video wizard creates temp tiff files that become really big.
I know it's for quality issue, but we should have the option to create them in JPG or TIFF, according to our needs: draft/final
A 8k single frame tiff will take 150MB of HD space.

Implementation of h265 and webm/vp8-9 would be great.

Nice touch to implement the first frame of video as a transition.

pedro

pedro
Hopki
Gnome

Hi pedro,
The video wizard is going to be rewritten at some point.
So this will not change until then, but I will add this as a request.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com